The mkiv Supra Owners Club

England to Amsterdam

Branners

So, lets say we were doing a trip from England to Amsterdam. What would be the best route?

Next year is the 10th Anniversary of the club so we may be doing some big events, one of which might be a trip in to Europe for a long weekend.

So I'm sort of thinking through our options.

Speaking on behalf of northern members it seems a bit daft to drive south in England to then drive back north in Europe. There are Ferry crossings from Hull to Rotterdam as an option, so it might be nice to do a round trip outbound from one port and inbound to another :tempted:

Mike

This would probably be in 2011 for our 10th anniversary, so dont go getting your hopes up yet.

Looking at the trip, it might be possible to do a round trip of some sort running out through Eurotunnel, up to Amsterdam then back in to Hull. I will have a think about that and see what it does to the pricing as Im sure a return back the way we came would be cheaper.

I'm assuming everybody will want to stay in a hotel and not a campsite?

This sounds really good Branners! I would also be up for this. I am sure if it is 10th anniversary a lot of members would be looking forward to something like this.

Do you think it might be worth splitting the UK in half and then maybe having say anyone on the north to get a ferry from Hull to say Amsterdam? And then anyone further south driving to Dover? I know we have quite a few members in the Highlands.

Thats what Im thinking, just not sure how much of a blast it would be with 40 Supras trying to get to Amsterdam driving on the right (wrong) side of the road.

most of the route is dual carrigeway, as was the dragonball:d

i will also have my bigger house then so could put up 6-8 of some of the northern crew the night before;)

As an englishman living Holland, all i can say is. DON'T GO TO AMSTERDAM WITH THE CAR.....

:D

Traffic systems here in holland are bloody terrible, and there are many other nice places to see than Amsterdam, Rotterdam there is more to do and good for road trips + good places to eat....

Oh, and would like to join you guys on the way once you hit holland ;)

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

As an englishman living Holland, all i can say is. DON'T GO TO AMSTERDAM WITH THE CAR.....

Traffic systems here in holland are bloody terrible, and there are many other nice places to see than Amsterdam, Rotterdam there is more to do and good for road trips + good places to eat....

Any red light zones in rotterdam?:innocent:

Hope you got a large place? We are coming to yours! :D

This sound interesting, hotel for us :yes:

Which crossing has the best roads for a convoy/blast Dover or Hull?

Hull goes direct to Rotterdam so no driving required unless you wish to go to Amsterdam which as said isnt very car friendly

Calais-Rotterdam would be approx 600 kms round trip of driving + whatever you do in England

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Any red light zones in rotterdam?:innocent:

Lol, no red light zones, you will find clubs though

Funnily enough there is a huge one just here where i live.

One of the most popular in western europe

i.e. people from switzerland come here.

But its now also changed into more of a normal sauna club where

for 50,- euro you can eat, drink and go to the sauna,

but if you want there are ladies available apparantly

so its more discrete...

Hope you got a large place? We are coming to yours! :D

Lol, not at all unfortunately, normal sized house :p