The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has got their Supra stuck in this weather ?

Mariusz

Firstly I have no midea why I attempted driving my car in this God awful weather , but i had to as at the moment my Supe is my only car til my company car is ready.

Had it stuck on 3 occasions and had to leave it for 4 days on the first.

Wonder if anyone has any interesting stories ??

I got stuck outside my house before Christmas, not got stuck out and about *yet* although the A19 yesterday morning was a joke. Was sideways down most of the slip roads but was good fun :D Supra's my only car at the minute after my 2nd car was sold. Tax bill's meaning i've not been able to replace it yet because i wanted a decent 2nd car

I wouldnt take the chance, the last time i got stuck in the snow was in my Alpina B10, left it in rather deep snow and when i got to move it 3 days later some nice scumbags had put the windows through, ripped out the stereo and speakers and nicked my suits etc from the boot.

Wasnt a good day that as the gearbox broke as well once i got it moved.

Parked mine for the winter after last year. Getting about in a Kia Rio 1.4 at the moment. Last year I coasted into the car park but could not find a space so had to stop in the middle. Then couldn't go anywhere the TC was not putting anything through to the wheels. Turned the TC off and unleashed hell covering all of my neighbours cars in snow a grit. Was not a popular boy...

Will break the Sup back out in March according to the weather forecast. :(

It's not the snow I worry about it's the freezing wet roads round here.

Lost the front end last night, nearly eneded up in a ditch, then lost the back end and front again and very nearly hit an oncoming car :( All this in the same frantic ten seconds - not nice.

What's more I was only doing about 40 as well !

First time I've had visions of crashing in years...

G

You hear alot of opinions about how bad this car is in the wet and snow but I find her great.

She is predictable, sure footed and pleasant to drive in bad conditions. Maybe its just me but I could understand issues in heavy snow/ice without studded tyres

May it is the tyres we are using is the diff, currently I am using normal Good year Eagle F1

You hear alot of opinions about how bad this car is in the wet and snow but I find her great.

She is predictable, sure footed and pleasant to drive in bad conditions. Maybe its just me but I could understand issues in heavy snow/ice without studded tyres

May it is the tyres we are using is the diff, currently I am using normal Good year Eagle F1

My main problem is the estate and my sloped driveway which is shared. Sheet of ice there.

What is your scale for heavy snow and ice?? V pattern tyres have terrible traction and a rear wheel drive car with wide tyres and not much weight on the rear makes for horrific traction.

I agree all of the above is 'predictable' and if 'pleasant' = fun then maybe I'll agree, but otherwise your post is ridiculous.

Guest EncoreWRC

I agree... my Sup is great in the snow.... drove all the way from Kent to Castle Donnington a couple of years ago in the snow.... The M1 was covered with a couple of inches and the sides of the roads much much worse.. the sup never slipped and was very solid....

I use Kuhmo Supra tyres all round.... Works well for me!

No problems yet during my first winter in the Supra.Wheelspinning up a snowy hill in Stoke sat,just kept my foot planted.Only time shes been sidways is when I've wanted her too.I leave for work at 5 every morning so it's always cold and unpleasent in the winter.Take care all.

Not stuck, but...

I was due to fly from Bristol (I live near Oxford) to Malaga on the 23rd of December when the weather was still shocking, and within the first 2 minutes of the journey I'd had the car do a 180 at a mini-roundabout at what must only of been 15-20mph, and it was quite a 'violent spin' which shook me up, and the day before in worse weather, slid into a kerb, absolutely nothing I could do about either, and I honestly thought I was going to have to cancel my flight. I still had to drive to Yeovil where my brother lives, as he was actually taking me to the airport, but a journey which usually takes an hour and a half, took 3 hours. I have to be honest and say I've kind of lost confidence in my driving of the Supra for the time being. Having a spin, and then a week away in Spain didn't help. Think I need some alone time with it to try and get my confidence back, because I don't want the car controlling me, I want to be controlling the car, obviously. I have Falken 452s as well.

I know it sounds like a bit of a rubbish sob story, but I was petrified to drive the car in that weather, and found no traction at all, really wanted my old Ibiza, that thing was good in the snow! I just can't understand how people find it 'good' to drive in the rubbish conditions.

Just want this ice to piss off!!!!

Last feb I got stuck trying to get out of a small housing estate - defeated by a tiny incline!

There was a bunch of kids filming me with their camera phones too whilst I was checking if I could overcome the 'hill' at WOT :blush:

I don't find the car any more a handful than a normal car to be honest - just got to learn to be very smooth with the throttle. ;)

I unexpectedly got a phoncall from the missus at 2.30 in the morning today asking for a lift home from town after a falling out with her mate. and yes i got stuck half way out over the street when reversing out the driveway. My neighbours were less than impressed with the noise I made by first trying to rock the car gently back an forward to get some momentum going an then breaking out the shovel and hacking at the ground to clear the ice. After that failed and I lost the plot I gave it the shit and yes it adventually came free and nearly sideswiping the neighbours brand new range rover, I went on my merry way. Next time, she's gettin told to get a bloody taxi home :complain:

Edited by rosscod22 (see edit history)

Not stuck, but...

I was due to fly from Bristol (I live near Oxford) to Malaga on the 23rd of December when the weather was still shocking, and within the first 2 minutes of the journey I'd had the car do a 180 at a mini-roundabout at what must only of been 15-20mph, and it was quite a 'violent spin' which shook me up, and the day before in worse weather, slid into a kerb, absolutely nothing I could do about either, and I honestly thought I was going to have to cancel my flight. I still had to drive to Yeovil where my brother lives, as he was actually taking me to the airport, but a journey which usually takes an hour and a half, took 3 hours. I have to be honest and say I've kind of lost confidence in my driving of the Supra for the time being. Having a spin, and then a week away in Spain didn't help. Think I need some alone time with it to try and get my confidence back, because I don't want the car controlling me, I want to be controlling the car, obviously. I have Falken 452s as well.

I know it sounds like a bit of a rubbish sob story, but I was petrified to drive the car in that weather, and found no traction at all, really wanted my old Ibiza, that thing was good in the snow! I just can't understand how people find it 'good' to drive in the rubbish conditions.

Just want this ice to piss off!!!!

I had my supe 6 days mate and was going bout 90 when the back end decided to start kicking then next thing i knew i was scraping along central reservation but lucky enough i drove away with just a scrape but VERY shook up and ended up being shit scared of it for a few weeks but im fine with it again now. You'll have confidence again soon mate :)