The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside or bomex Spats - opinions please!

Jas

Veilside or Bomex Spats on my supra?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Veilside or Bomex Spats on my supra?

• Stick with the Veilside
    • Bomex spats
    • the mind boggles - this is definately one for the dalai lama...

Hello guys and girls,

Have been working on my Supra and have come to a bit of a fork in the road, and i cant seem to decide which way to go! Your assistance please. :)

Bodywork wise my current supra is pretty much the way i want it - bar a bit of spray work and the spats. its currently got some veilside spats on it. (1st pic)

I've always intended to change them for some bomex 'wingy' type spats. like my old supra had (last pic). even have purchased a new set ready to go on!

However now the veilside ones are starting to grow on me, and bomex ones are starting to look a bit out of place with the look of the rest of the car...im feeling confused and alone - its all quite distressing!

so Q is - which ones do you think suit (the spoiler-less) supra?

any other suggestions will also be welcomed.... with a luke warm reception.... ;)

thanks all,

Jas.

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

CIMG0413.jpg

Edited by Jas (see edit history)

I'd keep the Veilside myself. A lot smoother and fits in with the car imo. Never thought I'd say that about anything Veilside, but I do tend to like the Veilside skirts/spats/arches just not the aircraft wings and hoover dams on the front thay they do! :D.

Im definately with you on that one.

I like it as it is in the first pic but I would re add the rear spoiler with either the standard or a nice TRD Carbon. i have never been a fan of ott spats like the Bomex but hey we all have different tastes so whats good for me maybe not for you :)

A TRD or Stock rear spoiler would finish it off nice ;)

Sheep Dog Scotty

Your car with the bomex spats looks almost identical to my old one. Same wheels, skirts, spats. True beauty ;)

Bomex spats looks like a diffuser from the back of the car. Which people never seem to photograph and looks very cool imo at least. The stuck on effect of the bomex does spoil the look slightly especially you having a silver car, the effect is slightly exacerbated. Additionally the bomex spats makes the car look lower and more agressive, which is what I prefer.

Most will say veilside, I'd go bomex (and did). :p