The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump

Vaughany

I have purchased a Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump for my J-spec TT. This is the start of my next stage of modifications which will include

* Cat Replacement pipe for 1st Cat

* Restrictor Ring

* ERL Aqamist Water Injection system (to complement my CW SMIC)

*FSE Fuel pressure Regulator

My Soop so far has 2nd Cat removed, Nurspec R, Induction Kit, Uprated Plugs and CW SMIC and is running about 0.96 bar of boost pressure.

My question is can I fit the Fuel pump immediately or by fitting this now without the other proposed mods, will the car suffer from any adverse effects such as running rich etc. Is it best to fit this when I have all the bits to fit aswell, my car has been on the Dyno with its current mods and the fuelling is fine. So should I fit the pump or not, if so is this an easy job and where exactly is the Pump situated.

Thanks

it wont make it run rich (except possibly a bit richer at full boost, a good thing). the fuel pressure is controlled by the pressure regulator.

its located inside the fuel tank. in the boot under the spare wheel, under the black metal cover. then theres a black plastic cover on the fuel tank, loosen the big jubilee clip then strain like fuck to turn the big ring. its in there with all the very flammable petrol. a quick bit of wiring and yr done. u should have instructions with the pump to fit it in the tank.

then decide whether to run it at 9v/12v switched or constant 12v.

its probably wise to check the fueling afterwards with a wideband.

Guest Terry S

Good advice there eyefi.

There is a difference on the static pressures between the two wlabro models. The 341 is the one most suitable, and the 342 has a slightly higher pressure.

FWIW we are doing Walbro Supra kits for £88.

Originally posted by eyefi

it wont make it run rich (except possibly a bit richer at full boost, a good thing). the fuel pressure is controlled by the pressure regulator.

its located inside the fuel tank. in the boot under the spare wheel, under the black metal cover. then theres a black plastic cover on the fuel tank, loosen the big jubilee clip then strain like fuck to turn the big ring. its in there with all the very flammable petrol. a quick bit of wiring and yr done. u should have instructions with the pump to fit it in the tank.

then decide whether to run it at 9v/12v switched or constant 12v.

its probably wise to check the fueling afterwards with a wideband.

The instructions are on the mkiv site

I would suggest that this is one that requires a 5/10 on the Evans numpty scale (because I am a numpty when it comes to things like this - enthusiatic - but a numpty nonetheless)

- not one that I would have attempted first time without watching someone else - now no probs etc

If you decide to run the 12V mod - I ave one of Emin's relays here that you need to fit!

:thumbs:

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I did not get any instructions but the model I have is the Walbro 341. I think I will get someone else to do the fitting for me. I will just watch and learn to be on the safe side.

Paul

Could you please state the advantages of running the fuel pump with the 12v mod. At the moment then is the the standard pump running on 9v.

Thanks

Guest Terry S

No the car has a fuel pump ecu which switches from 9v to 12v as soon as positive boost is made. TBH I can't see any adavantage in running 12v constantly. There is apparently a statement from Walbro somewhere saying not to run there pumps at 9v, but I have a 9v test here( see how thorough we are!:p ) which suggests all is fine at 9v. However if worried, wire it 12v but use the relay Paul mentions.

Originally posted by Geezabloke

Slight hijack Guys..

Is it worth fitting an uprated pump to BPU+ UK spec?

Have SAFC going on this week then up to Thor for setup next week.

Dave :flame Dev

I believe the tests UK v Walbro are similar results m8 - so no worries:thumbs:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Geezabloke

Slight hijack Guys..

Is it worth fitting an uprated pump to BPU+ UK spec?

Have SAFC going on this week then up to Thor for setup next week.

Dave :flame Dev

No Dave, UK pump is the daddy assuming it's working OK.

Terry,

Who is "we"?

I am after a Walbro kit (I presume this includes 341 pump, relay, wiring and instructions?)

Does that price include VAT? Delivery?

What payment methods do you accept and how soon could I have one?

pm me if this thread isn't suitable for pricing etc

Thanks a lot

Dan

Cheers Terry,

Will do.

Are these pumps brand new, and identical to the 341's sold by all the traders here?

Anythng nasty/complicated about this install or is it a physical swap ie connectors the same, pipe/union sizes etc?

This is of course assuming I keep the 9v/12v switching

Thanks