The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club meet at Wheels in motion "knowledge day meet/dyno day" (Sunday 9th May)

JamieP

Sunday 9th may starting at 10am

33 Chess Business Park

Moor Road

Chesham

Buckinghamshire HP5 1SB

Getting some interest in a club day at wheels in motion this spring, as many of you know WIM is very highly regarded at various clubs for geometry setups.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/index.php

By raffle cars are picked and calibrated for free as a tool to explain what this geometry lark is all about, Tony has said he will get though as many cars as he can fit in and members will be zero invoiced for the work done, the meet is not a lecture.

The meet is totally free and Tony feeds and waters you at his expense which i thought was damn good of him, this really is an amzing offer he is giving us, big thanks WIM.

Each meet costs Wheels In Motion around £1.5k in running costs, food and drinks are supplied, Everything is totally free, any profit made from areas like tyre sales on the day goes to Cancer Research or McMillan's fund.

Please add your name so we can get an idea on numbers attending, he has a huge amount of parking on site so would be good to see many members.:)

UPDATE

To conclude events....

As of today.....

1: All calibrations (by raffle are free)

2: Food and water is free

3: GAZ suspension are attending to answer your suspension woes

4: Artch enemy are attending if any of you wide boys need attention.

5: Crazyhorse rolling road will be attending.

6: Most of the motormags that concern us will be attending

Note on # 5

Crazyhourse rolling road is not free, the fee is £40inc for three power runs and i will need to book your cars in for this. If we have real interest in this (hope so) please say "Yay" and i will open another thread.

Update

Avon tyres UK has agreed to donate a set of tyres to one lucky winner at the meet.

Some rules to avoid disappointment

1: Tickets will be sold at £5 per ticket, one winner takes all

2: The winning ticket is not transferable into another product or monies to the sum of the prize

3: In the event Avon cannot support your tyre size combination the ticket monies will be refunded and the prize represented at the meet

4: In the event we don't hold the tyres in stock they will be ordered and fitted at a later date

5: The winner can only use wim centre for fitting

6: All monies generated from the raffle goes to charity

As you can see from Tonys post there is a chance of a dyno attending, if you want to run on the dyno please add "DYNO RUN" next to your name

1. JamieP

2. Homer

3. Slurpy Supra

4. Tooquicktostop (Dean)

5. Wez

6. Fitz - Dyno run

7. AndrewOW

8. Ricky49

9. AndyT

10. Pistonbroke

11. imi

12. Guigsy

13. Mwilkinson - Dyno Run

14. Scotty71

15. dandan

16. Lbm

17. bradleyh_15 not in my supra now

18. Chingy

19. Pete_TT

20. M5W TT

21. smarty

22. Supra_Surj

23. Rob_boi - Dyno Run

24. TLicense

25. Supradoopa

26. .Supramatt

27. Sakey

28. Stonkin

29. Why T

30. Tom

31. Abz

32. Ark (+ 1 I expect)

33. m_life (possibly)

34. BOB B

35. JustGav

36. Jimojameso

37. tonytt -Dyno Run

38. Gaz6002

39. Fizzle

40. Andrew K

41. Lui

42. scottc998

43. danhicks22 - Dyno Run

44. The Plethora - Dyno Run

45. adnanshah247

46. Lurch

47. DannyB

48. darrenchaplin

49. stuartmooney

50. the punisher

51. kayla

52. miko_supra

53. Heckler (prov - will have to check on date when I get back from Afghan)

54. Supra_Plant

55. LOF7Y

56. supra_steve

57. wiggy1980

58. Suprahuman. Dyno run

59. Branners

60. Gurteen0

61. adam1983

62. GJD - Dyno Run

63. catfish man

64. AlexM

65. Sdistc

66. DB (If I can get the day off I'll bring my new aristo)

67. jaymdee

68. conncl

69. brettjones. Dyno run (auto)

Wow, fantastic response, thanks very much. As far as i can see May is fine for me so all a need is you guys to agree the date.

At the moment we have 20 cars on the list, the most we had at a meet was 45 so it would be nice to beat that :) remember these events are also a "meet and greet" so a destination where members can meet each other in an entertaining, safe environment.

As said everything is free including the calibrations, by raffle cars will be selected but i cannot calibrate 20+ cars so please understand this, although if we have time we could just take an image of the chassis on some cars just so the owners know if there's a problem or not?

Some pointers to avoid disappointment

1: The ramp has a two metre run-up with an additional metre if needed, our track/ drift cars have no problem with this but if your unsure your car will make the grade please look at the images in wim-web for a better prospective.

2: Calibrating the chassis to tune your modifications or tune toward track intentions will not be a problem on the day.

3: If adjusters are seized then the calibration will stop there. On the day the event is to calibrate as many cars as possible, not un-seize adjusters, i'm sure members will understand that.

4: We do have other services (please see webby) i will contact admin to clarify a deal for members.

That's it...... This meet is to say thank you to members who have supported wim over the years but in respect to traders here i am absolutely not looking for trade, we are so busy i cannot cope, if a member wants to book they have weeks to wait, so this is a genuine thank you, not a publicity stunt, plus i never bought this to the table anyway.

Please keep those numbers growing and solidify a date....

Tony@ wim

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoeBlunt

why have you lot skipped 5 and 6? lol

1. JamieP

2. Homer

3. Slurpy Supra

4. Tooquicktostop (Dean)

7. AndrewOW

8. Ricky49

9. MoeBlunt

Hello everyone and thank you JamieP for bringing this to the club.

In conversation JamieP suggested a "Geometry knowledge day" meet to dissolve this Geometry taboo and help explain how to calibrated the stock/modified car.

Each meet cost me around 1.5k in running costs, food and wine, so we don't cut corners (excuse the pun) Everything is totally free since you are our guests, any profit made from areas like tyre sales on the day goes to Cancer Research or McMillan's fund.

It would be wise to head for a summer booking and it will be on a Sunday to help members attend.

Thanks for your time on this topic

Regards

Tony@ wim