The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When does modding become habit?

The Raven

As most of you know i have spent the last 10 months pulling my Aero to bits and adding loads of stuff to it.

With a new spoiler on the way, and with any luck some new seats i am starting to wonder if im doing it because i want to or just because its there.

I just never seem to be done with the car.

Do any of you ever feel like that? I can guess that some of the big power guys must wonder sometimes, spending wads to gain more power, then wondering if you needed it.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Parents moan & very rarely the missus does, but I always say, you rather I spend it on drugs and drinks or my car? :D

I think you can get bitten by the bug, though it depends on budget really. If I wasn't getting married next year then I'd spend loads on her. As I am I only spend on small bits.

good question :thumbs: for me i just enjoy trying to improve on what Mr T created, i realised years ago my car was nothing more than an expensive toy, it hasn't been a daily driver for years, i mod bits and think well thats that bit done but then end up modding the same part again, for example i am on my 4th set of brakes :search:, stock, 300zx, UK spec, Mercedes AMG. For me its kinda like the Forth bridge, it will never end :)

I believe it is a psychological disorder. I too have it. Some of you may be laughing at that but i'm deadly serious. I nearly once booked myself in to see a therapist about it.

If i'm not doing something to a car then i'm thinking about what i can do to a car. That's why i go through so many cars. I spend a load on them then when i feel i'm finished i end up selling and buying a new one. Except KITT who will never be finished as there is ALWAYS something else you can do to it.

As was said earlier though, i'm not spending my hard earned money on booze and drugs so why the hell not. Spend it on what you enjoy :)

Peter

I'm with Jamiep and paul mac on this one Russ. It's my hobby. I would be really bored if I was not getting bits for my car and looking forward to the next mod. In some way I even think I get a kick out of things when they go wrong!! More things to buy and an excuse to explore another part of the car.

Think how few people really know their car. I could basically build most bits, except the engine, from memory now.

I got a strut brace for x-mas from the wife. You should have seen her families faces when I opened it. They thought it was a really rubbish present. I was over the moon. Fitted it that day and took the car for a spin. Loved every minute of it.