The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That Quick Sunday Job - Yeah Right!

wilfman

Bought a Blitz Dual DC Boost Gauge during the week and thought I fit it this morning..

Wiring Harness and all the electics is fine but i'm stuck on finding a route through the bulkhead....

Does the grommet above the clutch pedal still exist on Jap Manuals? Buggered if I can find it. Some people recommend removing the cover from under the wing and routing that way. I've given this a shot, but am finding it a serious PITA. How many screws need to come out and can it be done without taking the wheel off?

Cheers

There is a big yellow gromet up to the right above the accelerator pedal on a jdm 6speed. Is unused, put a hole in it, and stick your cables through there. I used a wire coat hanger with the wires taped to it, to guide the wires through. It helps to have someone watching the other end tho.

Wilson - dead on - thanks... Manged to find it after crawling backwards over the seat to see under the dash (I know those yoga lessons would come in handy:)). Once I removed the front wheel for access to the lining everything was easy....

Running 0.84 peak on a Decatted JSpec with Std exhaust. This sound about right?

Cheers guys

Originally posted by wilfman

Wilson - dead on - thanks... Manged to find it after crawling backwards over the seat to see under the dash (I know those yoga lessons would come in handy:)). Once I removed the front wheel for access to the lining everything was easy....

Running 0.84 peak on a Decatted JSpec with Std exhaust. This sound about right?

Cheers guys

On a fully decatted exhaust I would of though a little more, that sounds more like a single decat rather than both out. Try dumping the exhaust for a new system like a Nur and then watch the boost increase. You'd need a fuel cut defender and a good boost gauge though, possibly a resstrictor ring if you go double decat and exhaust.

Ben..

Wanted to get the boost guage on first to check what i'm currently running before going for a new zaust. Will probably end up going for a Nur or RSR over the next few weeks.

Whats considered safe on ceramics. 1.1? I'd rather play safe seeing they are hitting 90k on them already.

Have got an FCD waiting to be fitted.

Originally posted by wilfman

Wanted to get the boost guage on first to check what i'm currently running before going for a new zaust. Will probably end up going for a Nur or RSR over the next few weeks.

Whats considered safe on ceramics. 1.1? I'd rather play safe seeing they are hitting 90k on them already.

Have got an FCD waiting to be fitted.

I'm running 17.5/18 PSI which is around 1.2bar. Some people get away with stupidly high boost on J-Spec tubbies, others run standard and they go. It seems to be almost luck of the draw TBH. Both me and Matt H are running stock J-spec ceramics IIRC.

Ben..