The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First 2010 Irish Supra meet, Dublin March 28th

supramkivcork

Irish Supra Meet options ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Irish Supra Meet options ?

• Meet in Dublin in March 2010. Premises ?
    • Summer 2010 use Carlow again, WKD premises.
    • Summer 2010 go to uk to suprapod etc as a national trip ?
    • Summer 2010 "Supra Skyline" weekend again maybe in tullow grain yards ?

Anyone have some good ideas for us to hold our next Supra meet ?

The Supra Skyline weekends so far have been a big success (I think , lol ) but seriously would ye go for it again or is there any other ideas ye'd like to go for ?

I personally don't feel a track day would go down great here as I don't think there is enough interest in it to make it a success considering the prices the tracks charge here.

Location ideas also be helpful .... aswell as posting if ye have contacts in said locations whether it be hotels or locations for the meet etc.

Also with the way things are I'd be assuming the next event will be a one day event as opposed to the last two being full weekends.

Cheers

Mark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't work weekends over the winter, and I'm sure we could whip some of the northerners into a meet although this time of year some cars will be tucked away.

Somewhere central would be good, eg Drogheda/Newry/Dundalk/Dublin. Somewhere with an interesting back drop for photos would be cool too, and somewhere handy to a pub for lunch and pints for passengers.

I have suggested one in another thread. The idea behind it was to have as much fun in as small an area as possible. Dyno to put an end to silly BHP claims on the sat and track on sunday to see who can drive and who has brakes lol. All coupled with a low cost deal on decent accomodation. If you are to cross the pond, the return boat fair alone will be more than the dyno and track day entry and fuel and the trip needs a lot more free time.

thats through but most of the club only rate the bhp figures from ssr plus there aren to many of us in ireland i think a combined irish /uk meet be better

Who are SSR? and who cares, we have great dynos in the north, hub or rollers your choice.

Ok exactly what is a combined UK/Irish meet ?. I am in the UK your in Ireland, I dont get it.

If everyone would get there finger out for once it could surprize you how many supra are floating about this little island.

and as for the rolling road i'm with you ernie. We maybe mad in this country but not mad enought to travel across to england just to put or car on a set of rollers to see now much or how little or cars are putting out!

Poll added folks . Multi vote allowed. Just trying to see whats our best option.

@Nevins : Haha, I don't really care where I go, just want to get cracking with another event. Having been onto Banzai recently last meet feature hasnt worked out (long story), but Joe Clifford wants to feature the next big one thats happenning.

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

I'm sure Daz would cover a meet for the Mirror for us too Mark. :)

Track days are going to be difficult to generate big interest in imo Ernie, simply because it'll probably not be as an attractive option for the n/a drivers, although a dyno day might work?

I'm up for Dublin in March, although the outskirts would be cool as the place is a nightmare to drive through!

Ya it'd be cool if Daz would cover the meet in Dublin if that goes ahead. It'd generate an extra bit of interest.

To spice it a small bit will we go with a 1jz/2jz meet inc soarers and chasers for this one. I know of a few that would be up for it I'd say ?

Saturday or Sunday suit ye ?

Which weekend pick from 2 ?

Option 1. 13/14th March

Option 2. 20/21st March

A meet of 30+ supras is not impossible, just needs to be appealing enough, and worthwhile. Personally the thought of a 3 to 400 mile round trip drive for some members without crossing water to stand and listen to waffle about cars doesnt really appeal, thats what this place is for lol.

It's a recession, folks are going to want to get value for money and spending £220 plus on a boat fare plus extra fuel, never mind the time consumming aspect that the weekend is mainly spent travelling doesn't add up.

Its even possible to have the following, if straightliners and trackskills run the same weeekend.

Sat Morning, starting early ! dyno runs.

Sat Afternoon, drag strip

Sat evening dinner and party.

Sunday track day and for those not so track orientated a show and shine in the pits.

All located within 40 mins max drive of each other.

costs........

Dyno run I would hope for about £30

drag entry approx £40 (half a tank of fuel will do most of you)

Dinner and club entry approx £20.

Track entry £90. (needs to be booked month in advance, and 1 to 2 tanks fo fuel)

accomodation, £50 to £60 ish per night.

Now an adgenda like that is inspiring, even if you only do 2 of the three events it still beats the pants of standing about talking cars.

Cheers Ernie for your input.

We're stuck in the republic to be honest to get something like this with a reasonable cost basis.

I'd love to do something like this . I do think though it'd need slight opening up to others (as I said maybe soarers, chasers etc)

I'd have no problem in reality having a few different cars there either, the r35 would be more than welcome, Nathan can invite a few of his buddies too Ernie :)