The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I would like to KnoW the bhp of my car?

JakeG

I own a 1996 Supra SZ N/A, i wana know what bhp it is, its completly standard exept for a cat back exhaust system, if anyone knows let me know please, and a little info on how to get it quicker would be nice, without going down the turbo conversion route ect

I dyno'd mine a month a go and got 204 bhp with the same mods as yours.

Not alot you can do to make it quicker in a straight line unless you spend big ££££

Strip it, good tyres, alignment, UK brakes will make it more enjoyable and a bit quicker round the twisties.

Guest MoeBlunt
For extra speed for the NA, ensure your handbrake is fully depressed upon depoarture. Some do appear to suffer from SHS - Sticky Handbrake Syndrome and can of course lose as much as 5 mph. HTH

PS I'd like to know my bhp too.

:rlol::rlol:

220 bhp at the flywheel and i would add 8-10 bhp for the exhaust at a guess, these figures will vary from car to car.

As people have said going to a Twin/big single would be you best bet to getting proper power.But you still can have plenty of fun in an N/A and without being embarrassed by other cars.

220 bhp at the flywheel

Originally, yes. I suspect a 13-year old car will have lost an amount of this.

Neil's, above. for example, was ~200hp including a cat-back. Not sure what losses are on the Supra over time - 220 down to ~190 (about 13%) is probably pretty typical. Our cars are getting pretty old now :(

nos cheap upgrade thinking off it myself once eng running right

Will anyone insure you with a Nos kit fitted though ? i'd look into that 1st and how much it'll hike up your premium, thats if your insurer would actually give you a quote.

+ you have the hassel of filling your bottles and from what i gather they dont last long

Originally, yes. I suspect a 13-year old car will have lost an amount of this.

Neil's, above. for example, was ~200hp including a cat-back. Not sure what losses are on the Supra over time - 220 down to ~190 (about 13%) is probably pretty typical. Our cars are getting pretty old now :(

Yes you are probably right with that, however i was just giving him some original figures and did state that these will vary from car to car.

I would have to be a genius to exactly know what his true bhp is:rolleyes:

Sorry if it sound like iam having a go...just making my point clear, Happy xmas:)

Will anyone insure you with a Nos kit fitted though ? i'd look into that 1st and how much it'll hike up your premium, thats if your insurer would actually give you a quote.

+ you have the hassel of filling your bottles and from what i gather they dont last long

Keep it on the quite?

if you do crash with it in, just start drinking it and say that you thought it was the NOS energy drink you can buy :D

Edited by Sgtbash (see edit history)