The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction control is rubbish

jackso11

Anyone else think the traction control is crap on supras? Twice in a week I have been stuck on the snow because it's so hard to control the wheel spin on auto's and the slip control can't Handel it for me. Wheels just spin. Took me 40 mins to get off my drive today!!!

Never had this problem when I had my manual, even in worse weather earlier this year.

Auto tt in whatever mode is rubbish on snow, the stock traction control is also rubbish and i wonder why Toyota bothered to fit it.

Get a cheepo run around for the winter is the best bet, doesnt matter so much then if you slide into the kerb you cant see or worse still someone else slides into you :(

Any RWD car with bucketfuls of low down torque and wide low profile tyres will be terrible in snow and on ice. My pals AMG 55 supercharged Mercedes is a total PITA in snow, he barely got up his very gently sloping gravel drive in the snow of the last few days. It's times like this when a 2CV driven well can make you feel a right prat :) We get so few

really bad days in the UK that studs on a set of narrow rims and tyres are hardly worth it.

I have been quite impressed by the wife's 4WD Stagea RS4 in the snow, until a slightly optimistic manouvre whilst attempting to get to the pub by the back roads nearly had us in the ditch. I've had to put a new O2 sesnor, new plugs and clean the AFM today as a penalty for "spoiling the evening", in an attempt to up its dreadful MPG, and I didn't even hit anything (thank God, heaven knows what I would have to do in atonement then....).

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Pretty bad around Bristol, parked up at my folks christmas morn just fine but took me 20 mins to get out of their road last night, had to get a bit of a run up and eventually made it. Came home and took another 5 mins to get up the icy drop curb, the focus my brother had did it no problem being FWD and the weight at the front :(

Any RWD car with bucketfuls of low down torque and wide low profile tyres will be terrible in snow and on ice. My pals AMG 55 supercharged Mercedes is a total PITA in snow, he barely got up his very gently sloping gravel drive in the snow of the last few days. It's times like this when a 2CV driven well can make you feel a right prat :) We get so few

really bad days in the UK that studs on a set of narrow rims and tyres are hardly worth it.

I have been quite impressed by the wife's 4WD Stagea RS4 in the snow, until a slightly optimistic manouvre whilst attempting to get to the pub by the back roads nearly had us in the ditch. I've had to put a new O2 sesnor, new plugs and clean the AFM today as a penalty for "spoiling the evening", in an attempt to up its dreadful MPG, and I didn't even hit anything (thank God, heaven knows what I would have to do in atonement then....).

I'm liking the 2CV theme Chris. :D

I do want to own one of those. :blink: :)