The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie on xmas day!

Guest looney

hi people merry xmas i havent got a supra yet i have a celica gt 98 modded but im looking at selling it and getting a n/a 3.0 supra just wondering if theres any for sale at the mo on the club,i hope to get one and be a member soon :) have a nice xmas everyone :)

Yup im down thanet, Johns in sheppy, While colin is in deal.

Will have to have a mini meet asap.

sounds good mate but frist of all i need to get a supra lol i cant really afford a tt one so it will have to be a n/a one,alot people say they a bit heavy and unless you get the tt one its not worth it but i disagree :)

sounds good mate but frist of all i need to get a supra lol i cant really afford a tt one so it will have to be a n/a one,alot people say they a bit heavy and unless you get the tt one its not worth it but i disagree :)

Pop over to one of our little meets and take a ride in my n.a if you like.

More than welcome.

Yep, they wouldn't bother making them if they were no good! Like the TT they are fantastic cars, though the main different being the main brute of the TT's turbo's. Alex M has both a NA & TT & loves them both! His NA is his trackday car!

does the n/a suffer from any problems a guy on celica club said he used to have a tt version and that he used to see more engine problems from guys with the n/a engines,and that its just like a gt4 you have to find a good one? this has worryed me a bit now :(

does the n/a suffer from any problems a guy on celica club said he used to have a tt version and that he used to see more engine problems from guys with the n/a engines,and that its just like a gt4 you have to find a good one? this has worryed me a bit now :(

What aload of tosh.

Not at all the n.a engine is bullet proof. Mine has just knocked over 130k i have not serviced it since i got it a year ago as im dumping a TT engine in it. Thus far it is faultless. Dyno shows it has lost 5BHP since it was new.

What aload of tosh.

Not at all the n.a engine is bullet proof. Mine has just knocked over 130k i have not serviced it since i got it a year ago as im dumping a TT engine in it. Thus far it is faultless. Dyno shows it has lost 5BHP since it was new.

thats amazing :) ive always heard that the n/a even tt versions are bulletproof,so not sure what he was on about! at the mo i have a celica gt 98 reg,how much more would the running costs be apart from fuel? i used to have a gt4 wrc but had nothing but hassle with that lol

Look to 23 MPG ish, normal servicing, Never try to change the n.a plugs yourself, i dont see many bits being different than your celica. I think vicky takes her car to someone in sheerness for all work.

John and col are up for a mini meet on a sunday in a few weeks, if you want to come along check out the cars and go for a ride feel free. Probably heading out then to a pub for lunch or something.

I will send you a message with times and dates.

yer that sounds great will come along and have a look at the cars and maybe you could tell us some more about them and what to look for etc,i know a guy who could prob service it for me so that wouldnt be a problem i guess :) does the supra have the super strut suspension like the gt4? cos the fig 8 etc was a pain last time lol

yer that sounds great will come along and have a look at the cars and maybe you could tell us some more about them and what to look for etc,i know a guy who could prob service it for me so that wouldnt be a problem i guess :) does the supra have the super strut suspension like the gt4? cos the fig 8 etc was a pain last time lol

No it dont thank god!