The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hiiiiii (im new here!)

Guest MoeBlunt

Guest MoeBlunt

Just bought myself a black 1998 Toyota Supra TT Tiptronic...

Its already had a few modifications done to it, but as ive never had a supra before i really dont know if they are any good! :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoeBlunt

erm, its had a bpu+ what ever that is! lol, carbon fibre strut brace, light weight bonnet of some sort! lol

i will post some picture up later on tonight when i get home!

Hello & Welcome TTC.

You brought it because it was cheap? What if the engine is dodgy & needs to be replaced & sets you back £3k+, won't be so cheap then. Did you take someone with you to take a look at the Supra? Buy from a private seller or car garage? (you would be safer with a car garage as I am sure they will have some sort of warranty).

Get some pictures up :)

Guest MoeBlunt

lol...i had a guy from the RAC and the AA check it and they said that it all seems to be in good working order!

Also i had a mate of mine come with me and hes a mechanic (who used to work for toyotas F1 team) and he said it was okie dokie!

lol...i had a guy from the RAC and the AA check it and they said that it all seems to be in good working order!

Also i had a mate of mine come with me and hes a mechanic (who used to work for toyotas F1 team) and he said it was okie dokie!

Don't take your word on what RAC & AA say as they don't know much about Supra's. If you do a search on the forum you will see how a few members have called them in the past & what they have done. They are pretty good if you have a Ford Focus though.

Who is your friend who worked for Toyota's F1 Team as I knew quite a few of them?

loooool why???!!! i think it looks ok...i was going to paint it black...

which ones look good then?

Totally up to you dude, end of the day it is your car.

I honestly think it looks very tacky, any spoiler which is bigger than the car or the main thing, not in shape with the car does look awful.

This is the forum where you will learn the beauty of your car. Have a look around on members garages, do searches for spoilers to choose which one you like. Mine came with a TRD spoiler but I quite like the standard spoiler. Some like the De-spoiler look. Totally up to you...