The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed the Supra whilst driving on an icy road

ilicos

Hi all,

Whilst doing about 3mph on an icy road up here where I live, the Supra decided it didn't want to listen to me when I steered right and went on to clip a parked car and then veere of to the right and came to rest on a lamp post.

GUTTED!!!!:(

Damage from what I can see so far:

New near side wing

Near side head light (have)

Possible front bumper

Possible impact bar

Feel free to PM me if you have the above

Ilias[sAD][/sAD]

Edited by ilicos (see edit history)

The old 3mph icy crash.

Trouble is, you can see what's happening, and yet, still not change a damn thing.

Bad luck chap.

Tell me about it... If it had happened any slower I would have been going in reverse!!

I have a front bumper if you need one mate.

Peter

I will take a better look today or tomorrow and see if mine is salvagable. Cheers

So sorry to hear this mate & these are the worst like LBM says, you can see it unfolding in slow motion but you can not do anything! Luckily the damages are not too bad though the timing is impeccable!

Put up a wanted post dude.

The thing is that the wife had a similar crash two weeks ago in heavy rain and that just cost us £760 to get sorted!:(

sorry for you mate .i have the front crash bar here just cover postage if you realy need it.

Cheers,

I will PM you once I have had a look if you dont mind holding it for a few days.

Loving the S/C build thread at the moment!;)

It was almost slow enough to jump out and get in the way of the impending crash. At least you'll recover! ;)

It's still very mild down my way, and no snow or ice left at all, thank goodness!

I have thought back and regretted not trying that.......The thing is, I didn' fancy becoming the filling in a 1.5 tonne by 1 tonne sandwich!!:blink:

Would a 3mph crash be enough to damage the bar?

Caught car only about 5-6 inches in, so impact was on my light, bumber and wing. I think it may have slightly got bar. The thing is at that speed, if it was head on there probably would have been much less damage!

Sorry to hear this bud any pics ?

Will upload later

Maybe spare a brief thought for the owner of the "parked car" though? How much damage was done to that innocent party's car? ;)

Was a Ford Galaxy and only cracked his bumper. He was very understanding and appreciated that I went door to door to see who owned the car.

l S D ?

and not the limited slip type ;)

Nope:(

hi chappy ,was that going in a straight line then ?

I didn't drive my supra in the snow .

was affriad of bumping in to another car .

Yes, was a side road and car was parked on road, I went to maneuver around it and the car didn't respond at all.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a work van and i was working up a hill in the snow and a lady walked up to me in the street and said the kind words... excuse me mr...? your van is moving... hmm? my van is... WHAT?!... yup i turn round all 4 wheels locked as handbrake was on and in 1st! just sliding down the hill on the ice! couldnt believe it! so there i am running down the hill after my work van to jump in and steer away from the parked cars.. so lucky.. after that day i decided the supra is going away off the road til the roads are clear!... roads clear now.. shes back out ;)