The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel hub sizes on NA vs TT?

jihwaan

I just bought a '99 model TT with big brakes and sold my NA to a mate. I got new wheels for my TT and said he could have my old wheels from my TT- problem is the wheels won't fit on the NA. Its a 94 NA with standard brakes etc. - the rear wheel wont fit because the centre hub hole in the wheel doesn't fit over the centre hub. Wheels are BBS and the size of the wheel hub hole 60mm and the centre hub on the car itself is 70+mm - anyone know why this is or run into this problem? any ideas on solutions? is there any solution (dont want to machine the rim)...?

Guest PeppercornMedly

Jihwaan's friend here - yeah thats definately what the problem was, had to attack them with a chisel + hammer to get them off. Having no experience with supras, I just assumed that they were a part of the hub.

Thank you very much for your help, still very green when it comes to cars - I'm more of a computer man myself :)

Attached a picture for future reference if anyone comes across this thread with the same issue. The picure makes it much more obvious than it is to the naked eye.

Will definately be lurking these forums from now on to find out just what I've gotten myself into with this supra! :eyebrows:

Merry christmas guys!

image.jpg

Jihwaan's friend here - yeah thats definately what the problem was, had to attack them with a chisel + hammer to get them off. Having no experience with supras, I just assumed that they were a part of the hub.

Thank you very much for your help, still very green when it comes to cars - I'm more of a computer man myself :)

Attached a picture for future reference if anyone comes across this thread with the same issue. The picure makes it much more obvious than it is to the naked eye.

Will definately be lurking these forums from now on to find out just what I've gotten myself into with this supra! :eyebrows:

Merry christmas guys!

:D Get the best you can afford and service it properly and you won't go far wrong mate. :)