The mkiv Supra Owners Club

first aberdeen meet of the new year, jan (exact date to be picked after the new year)

drift_bear

after the good turnout for our "xmas night out" which was bowling and some grub and turned into a really good night, (just out of interest, who took home the 3 legged frog?!) :search: was thinking about doing something similar in the new year for the first meet of the year and hopefully the members that missed the last meet would be able to come this time. it was good for the new members (including me) to put names/cars to faces.

was thinking doing the same again but get more members from aberdeen involved aswell that werent able to make it, and hopefully get some group shots of the cars and members.

the date is still to be announced but im sure we could all come to some arangement on the date and time. lets try and get more members this time and not just open to the supra's up here in the aberdeen area but all around. if its to far for some of the other members to travel then im sure we could arrange it for a weekend and meet somewhere central again like we did for the perth meet.

im open to suggestions so put them down here and then we can set a date, place, time then in a seperate thread.

drift_bear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a good turnout in perth last time. hopefully the weather will be a bit better than it is now! lol.

geo, looking forward to see your car anyway!

Yeah good little Drive up there, i'll bring Ian W as my co Pilot, lol

Cheers mate, yeah been a long time in the making, now that its complete i can actually drive the beans out of her now for a good while :D

Well that is if i can get 2x new rear tyres by the time of the meet, check out the threa i posted up of my rear tyres.

those wheels are shocking!! :blink: how did they miss them before you got them back?!

i was told about them when i arrived to pick the car up, wanted the car home as didnt want to leave it locked up for another 2 weeks over xmas. Im going over to see the guys who did my wheels soon as they re open. I'll make my feelings well known, not going argue much with the size of me hehe. If they do i'll just walk in and start taking stuff up to the value of my Eagles. :D

i was told about them when i arrived to pick the car up, wanted the car home as didnt want to leave it locked up for another 2 weeks over xmas. Im going over to see the guys who did my wheels soon as they re open. I'll make my feelings well known, not going argue much with the size of me hehe. If they do i'll just walk in and start taking stuff up to the value of my Eagles. :D

haha i would do the same!

yep sounds good, altho i think dundee would be good.. it's still a treck from aberdeen but just doesn't seem so bad, i know there are a few members who live there too that could arrange a place to meet. Just think we should mix it up from doing the exact same thing as the last meet. :)

yep. I agree...would be great to meet up with folks from all over Scotland. So who's going to get this organised?

I think the only reason they are labeled as Aberdeen meets is because there could be regional meets throughout Scotland all going on.

I'm not partial either way and would probably prefer a big meet with folk from all over Scotland :)

Well, hope you all had a decent xmas and you can certainly count moi in...

Should be back from Holland on Tuesday (29th), give me chance to 'catch up' with some alcomaholic beverage consumption and as long as it's not too far into Jan, I should still be home... definitely maybe?!

:rolleyes:

Could maybe 'invest' in some go-karting or sommat; N/A's against TT's?! :D

OR... paint-balling??? :sly:

Just a thought...

Cosy. :D

What about a Cinema/Dinner meet. Some food first then onto the Cinema, can have a list of whats on at the time, then pick and see whats most popular.

:limp:

:rlol: Only kidding, whatever everyone decides on, I'm defo up for it. If there were a few people interested in karting, I could easily enquire about a 'corporate' booking through my ltd company - get much much cheapness - but would obviously need a rough idea of numbers etc.

Think we first need to agree on an area in which we're all to meet before we organise venues and the like though?

Again, just a thought as it's prob unfair to expect everyone to travel to Aberdoom again. If we decide on a location/region (country?!) where everyone wants to meet up, I could easily enquire about costs for karting or whatever - it doesn't cost anything to ask...

:thumbs:

Hey Richie,

Sounds good to me...if u can get some real cheap deals for karting. think we could have it indoors due to the current weather? maybe we could have a mini grand prix or le grand prix, think we will need to have at least a min membership of 12. I know we need numbers but presumably it will be best to know how much it will cost and how many members they need for joining through corporate booking?

If its central for all of us,

there won't be a venue directly in Dundee, think the closest venue is actually one hour away from Dundee.

http://www.kartstart.com/

Let us know Rich :D

:limp:

:rlol: Only kidding, whatever everyone decides on, I'm defo up for it. If there were a few people interested in karting, I could easily enquire about a 'corporate' booking through my ltd company - get much much cheapness - but would obviously need a rough idea of numbers etc.

Think we first need to agree on an area in which we're all to meet before we organise venues and the like though?

Again, just a thought as it's prob unfair to expect everyone to travel to Aberdoom again. If we decide on a location/region (country?!) where everyone wants to meet up, I could easily enquire about costs for karting or whatever - it doesn't cost anything to ask...

:thumbs: