The mkiv Supra Owners Club

snow mode

movistar

Manual mode in D is my magic combo! Got me up all the really steep hills around here!

Good idea! When I was trying to get out of the middle of the road on sunday, and my drive yesterday morning, both times the engine was cold, and so running faster than normal. I could've done with thinking about that, as being an auto, there's no clutch control, but your method could've worked. Damn!

Good idea! When I was trying to get out of the middle of the road on sunday, and my drive yesterday morning, both times the engine was cold, and so running faster than normal. I could've done with thinking about that, as being an auto, there's no clutch control, but your method could've worked. Damn!

The Supe isn't as bad as i thought it would be, it's more the other retards on the road that i'm worried about :p

Cheers for the replies chaps.

Iam not going to multi quote otherwise i will be here all day.... but good to know its worth having just incase i ever get caught out.

I've used it in the wet a couple of times and like you say the car has about a quarter of its normal power, bit like an N/A really;).

now wait for the replies:D:D:hide:

Iam not going to multi quote otherwise i will be here all day.... but good to know its worth having just incase i ever get caught out.

I've used it in the wet a couple of times and like you say the car has about a quarter of its normal power, bit like an N/A really;).

Haha, imagine what na owners feel when it kicks in, must be like driving a metro.

Cheeky. What with your snow mode on, you'll be easy to catch, even by the aforesaid esteemed (ahem) members. :D

isnt snow mode when the traction control goes mental from slipping that it just limits your revs until its happy or you reset it.

it probably isnt but ive been driving about in the snow with a degree of fun but i think its good to learn about the supra in these conditions

Snow mode is when you press the snow mode button :p (facelift only)

I got caught out on the way home a couple of days ago in the blizzard the kent area got. Snow settled on the road within seconds and my warm bonnet got 2 inches of snow whilst driving !!. I was actually very surprised with how well the supe behaved. Being a 6sp, smart use of the clutch meant the car stayed in check the whole time. I saw a few big auto mercs and BMW really struggling though. At one point, I had left a big gap in front of me at a junction, although there is no keep clear or yellow box, I thought I'll leave the gap out of courtesy. Then from the juntion on my left I watched a guy in his 09 plate M3 slidding down the road towards the junction, the ABS was visibly working overtime but was having little to no effect, he proceeded to bounce off the nearside kerb 3 times smashing his alloys in the process and then slid across the road in front of me. If I hadn't left the gap, my supe would have locked horns with the out of control bavarian monster. :blink:

do NA facelifts have snow mode or just TT? is it an auto only thing or do manuals have this too?

just wondering. My NA auto doesnt have it but its not a facelift, driving in snow has proven to be interesting!

Facelift TT Manuals have it as that's what mine is but i'm not sure about other models sorry