The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New To The Site

Guest Marty!

Hi All. The names marty from NI.

Currently i own a starlet EP91, But thinking of selling it to go for a N/A Supra.

Love supra's and cant afford a Twin Turbo one Seen this on pistonheads last night real nice example and that would be what id be willing to spend http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1408861.htm

Just got a couple of question to as if ya dont mind

1. How hard is it to Turbo the n/a is it easier to go the single turbo root or just as easy to put the the Twin turbo kit on

2. Is the internals from a n/a the same as the twin turbo

3. what Bhp can n/a internals cope with before needing to forge th engine

4. if i was to put a single turbo kit on the n/a what would you guys recommed.

5. if i did put a single turbo kit on the n/a what would i need to upgrade? ie, fuel pump, RRFPR, injectors, Fcc or Fcd, Mani, Decat, Upgrade ECU and were the sort best place to buy the parts

6. last but not least i have been told that there is 2 types of n/a Supras one has a 5 speed and the other has a 6speed? is there any real difference in the 2 models and have they different model names.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and all comments welcome.

Thanks Marty!

Hi Marty. Welcome. :)

Foggy is right. £5500 for a tt is possible.

1. NA-T. Expensive. Especially with the supporting mods required. Quite a few people have dropped the TT motor in. Also expensive, minimum 3.5k. Add that to the 5.5k and you're into very good TT territory.

2. There are some differences. Castings vary.

3. Dunno. People running NA-T are usually up around 450 - 500 brake.

4. Depends what power you want. What supporting mods you have. Loads of info in the tech section and single specific group.

5. Upgrade everything. Start with brakes. :D

6. Model differences can be found under forums and basic guides. If you are thinking single the 6 speed is the the favoured unit. Auto box is good to a safe 450.

A reasonable to good single conversion will set you back 10k.

Hope all that helped.

By the way your car will be about as quick as an N/A. :D