The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not the Queen’s speech, but just as important!

Tee from China

As the end of another year fast approaches it time to reflect on important ‘happenings’

As I am still in deepest China I have become a member on many forums but actually contribute little to them and in fact I am also a member on the two other important Supra forums, with the Australian one being my first and longest membership. Whilst the American one has lots of good information I find them a rather strange bunch of individuals trying to get one over others and sort of bragging how good they are.

In contrast the guys in Oz are much more relaxed in their views and seem to be more of a help than a hindrance. But for me this - the UK forum is the best, not just because of the fact it is for the Supra but more so than any other forum I visit.

This to me is down to the great team of moderators on the forum and also the regular posters such as CJ(sadly now a Greek beach bum) and Michael who are always quick to help or criticize with their openness ( you know which is which) but both equally important to the forum.

This is the only place where I have willingly paid to be a member and also the only forum I regularly visit and post on - although some may wish that I didn't!! but that their right to express their opinions just as it is for me too.

For me there are also the respected traders such as Nic, Paul and without doubt Jurgen who really look out from the whole membership and offer services second to none.

This year for me the highlights have been the interesting projects that have appeared which in a time of economic depression, nice to see some contributing to the balance of payments with gay abandon(no sexual references intended) and for me I have to single out not one but five stars of 2009.

Firstly to JamieP for the speed of turning his immaculate standard RZ-s into a four-wheeled equivalent of a Stealth fighter, then to Hodge and DanDan for their sheer attention to detail and I look forward to the finished articles, next there is Jevansio and Ed Morris for the thought and detail they have put into their own pride and joys and especially Ed for taking a route so far un-trodden by any one outside the US of A.

All-in-all this club is a real club and full of interesting individuals which I would now like to take the opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous 2010 with many new projects to emerge

Regards and seasonal greetings from sunny China to all from Tee from China 是的,我已经回到中国了,我依然很想念你。祝你新年快乐!

Edited by Tee from China
bl**dy spelling error doh (see edit history)

Dito:p LOL! And a happy Bah! humbug to you:D Do they celebrate Christmas in China, i know they do new year, but i think they have had that?

No sadly they don't just the trees and stuff as marketing tools so the foreigners only get Christmas day off :( and Chinese New Year is the end of January beginning Feb which varies each year according to the Lunar calender:innocent:

edit: Spring Festival = Chinese New Year is very late this year and New Year's day is on Valentine's day - opps

Edited by Tee from China
added info (see edit history)

Thanks a lot guys for the kind words and seasonal wishes which I would like to return with a little Chinese for you to use and impress your family or friends at New Year - in PinYin here in China we say -

xinnian kuaile ta men (pronounced as "shing nan quy ler taa man") = translated is "Happy New Year To All" :D