The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra in the snow

Dash Rendar

Yeah, I have been having trouble getting into the Supra the last few mornings. I pour warm water over the windows and door so that it's not frozen shut when I leave in the morning.

The bigger problem is that the cold seems to have damaged my remote central locking, since the button will no longer unlock (or lock) the car, so I have to resort to using the key. But the lock keeps freezing, so I can't get the key in or turn it!

Yesterday, when I went to work, the car did unlock with the remote, but when I arrived at work, it wouldn't lock it, and I had to leave it unlocked for two hours until the keyhole had thawed enough for me to get the key in and lock it manually. :(

When I lived in a bedsit land, a girl I knew use to defrost her windscreen with a flagon of piping hot boiling water. Sloosh it all over, you know what I mean Harry. God knows how she got away with it until when one morning BANG! Use a scaper, deicer and elbow grease. Or like your kn0b, keep it covered.

And hey presto the water refreezes because it's so cold it doesn't evaporate. And when you're parked up a million miles from the nearest water tap, you have to resort to p*ssing all over your Supra because your bladder is the nearest source of 'water'.

Ah, but if you have some mental capacity (some unfortunately lack this), you can either dry the window off after you've defrosted it (using a paper towel, a cloth, or some other capable material), or take a suitable defrosting device with you when you next leave the car (be this a bottle of water, de-icer, or if you're so inclined, a full bladder).

Ah, but if you have some mental capacity (some unfortunately lack this), you can either dry the window off after you've defrosted it (using a paper towel, a cloth, or some other capable material), or take a suitable defrosting device with you when you next leave the car (be this a bottle of water, de-icer, or if you're so inclined, a full bladder).

Agreed the likes of you and me may be compulsively obsessive to dismantle and dry off the doors, windows and central locking but I reckon a majority would rather just get on with their journey.

Agreed the likes of you and me may be compulsively obsessive to dismantle and dry off the doors, windows and central locking but I reckon a majority would rather just get on with their journey.

Really? I reckon the majority would rather stay in bed, I certainly would.

Or get a remote start & let the heater warm the windows & melt the ice before you get into a nice cosy warm car, waving at your neighbor as you drive off in your T-Shirt noticing his still scrapping ice off his car since 07:30am :D

BTW I don't have remote start but want one!

Or get a remote start & let the heater warm the windows & melt the ice before you get into a nice cosy warm car, waving at your neighbor as you drive off in your T-Shirt noticing his still scrapping ice off his car since 07:30am :D

BTW I don't have remote start but want one!

I do.:D It's great!

i had remote start on the sup! 10 minutes id let it warm up and when i get in the heaters were on and the car was nice and cosey inside! never ever did my car die due to the cold. push of a bottom usually half a crank and its started. one of my neighbours who is a right smug b@stard with his BMW M3 and AMG Merc had difficulty starting both of his cars last year when the snow was really thick. he used to say always say to me 'you drive a cereal box car, my kids love your car but they love matchbox cars as well'. i laughed in his face when the sup started with no effort! Jap Motors 1 - German pieces of shyt - 0 :D

Since then, or when i went single and he heard the car tear off one day he went quite! :D

I looked out the window this morning to see this. :)

Out of interest, I've seen people on here saying you should sheet up your Supra in this weather if you haven't got a garage. Does the cold weather really do that much damage to the paint work?

The cold will do naff all to your paint mate.

It's the corrosive salt that is spread over the roads to melt the snow and ice that's bad for it ;)