The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First experience of driving the Supra in the snow

foggy147

Just been out in the supra to grab a macdonalds, had car in o/d and doing about 5mph down my street (covered in snow) and could still feel the back end twitching just like my ass was!!

Hope it dont last for long, not so much concerned about me crashing into someone it's some other numpty thinking hes a rally driver im worried about!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many of you drive your Supras in the snow? How well does it handle the snow/ice/shite conditions?

I know I was ALWAYS shite scared driving the MR2 in the snow, and that was VERY twitchy! It was incredibly stressful throughout the entire journey... I didn't like it at all :(

I drove the white supra, now owned by supraturbochris, a couple of years back.

It had snow tyres on (was a daily) about an inch of snow and the usual slush on the main roads. It was fine, granted it twitched the odd once or twice but i was quite suprised how planted it actualy felt. This was at normal speeds and driven in a relaxed manor, no doubt if i had give it a bit it wouldnt of been quite the same but i thought it was ok :)

How many of you drive your Supras in the snow? How well does it handle the snow/ice/$#@!e conditions?

I know I was ALWAYS $#@!e scared driving the MR2 in the snow, and that was VERY twitchy! It was incredibly stressful throughout the entire journey... I didn't like it at all :(

I've driven my supra (TT6) in the snow quite a few times now... was a little bit twitchy - in 6th gear on idle and backend was fish tailing about... but personally I wasnt too fussed about it, my girlie wanted to get out and walk home...

I have no problem in the snow, I take it very steady turn the heating on full and go back to bed :D

Light surface snow in sheffield this morning not going to take the supra based on the fact its a jspec and slightly lower ride height coupled with the fact that some speed humps will be non-visible and sccrrapppee! there goes my bottom end.

Will be taking the Suzuki Sh*tara to work - 4 wheel drive will be a godsend if it continues to snow like it has down south even if its running richer than Richard 'I'm a little bit rich' Branson. Will be replacing the O2 sensors on that at some point too.

Having once lost the back end on a roundabout in the snow and headbutting the armco barrier, trust me it's not the mechanical and financial pain you suffer but also the humiliating embarrassment of having to drive a courtesy Micra with Nationwide Accident Repair slapped all over it. [sAD][/sAD][sHOCK][/sHOCK]