The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU - how much for how much?

splurge

Oh dear, the car I said I'd never need to mod because it was plenty fast enough already...

Just wondering how much have people been paying for their BPUs, as a total (downpipe, exhaust, BCC, boost controller)?

And how much has it put on your insurance?

I am putting together a long-term plan ™ for my little baby, and I think this could be the way forward.

Cheers y'all :)

Hi all.

This is my 1st post here and i must say its a great forum my car is a uk spec tt silver and bpu K reg the reason im posting is to say where i got all the bits from to bpu, got them all from Titan motorsports which im sure all you guys know about but just looking at the prices you guys expect to pay thought i post what i paid titan $1,751.80 dollors cant remember what the exchange rate was back in sept 03 but im sure it was £1000 to £1200 cant remember cant find bank details either, never mind the only draw back was had to do a wire transfer but easy enough to do.

Anyway heres a list of what i got for my money.

Tanabe DP

Cat 3"highflow cat converter and they welded it in the DP

N1 Apexi complete

Greddy BCC

Greddy profec B spec 11 black

Greddy 52mm boost gauge black face

Now im not saying these are good or bad prices but at the time they looked good to me i did have to kick there ass a bit with emails and 1 phone call but got there in the end, i think the guy who did the welding was away racing so they had to wait till he got back.

There was an import tax aswell i seem to remember it being about £60 odd quid which came about a month later.

I fitted everything myself just got tune the profec up properly.

I have also had it tested at a garage for emisions and was spot on

Hope this might help you.

Keith some where near Bournemouth

Hi there Keith, another member for the Bournemouth massif! There's a few of us on here, me, Tim Wildman, DangerousBrain (& wife), WhiteSupraBoy2, SteveW2, plus a couple I haven't met yet, MizTheWiz, SupraChris, SuparRob. We're slowly taking over :)

Titan haven't got a great rep over here, they seem to be associated with SupraStore, who have a terrible reputation for service over here. If I was buying stuff from the States, I'd go with MVP every time, top service, Dusty is a great guy, plus you can pay by PayPal which is easier and cheaper.