The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally Offered A 350Z!

Tricky-Ricky

For a PX for my single Supra, and the cheeky sod offers me just£1500 on top:jester:

His 350Z is up on Pistonheads for £9,250 and mine for £14,500

Some right chancers about.

Can't blame the guy for trying. Why not, he would have been a idiot for not giving it a go.

They are Renault engines. Not sure which one though.

Contrary to popular belief, they are a Nissan engine design, the VQ35DE and its derivatives was fitted to the

Nissan Altima, Maxima, and Pathfinder, as well as the Infiniti I35, G35, and QX4. plus a lot of others, most of these where around before Renault bought Nissan, there is an updated engine now fitted to the 350Z which has stronger internals etc,that may have had Renault design input, but essentially its still all Japanese.

is it this 350? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1367759.htm

if so he has been on at me for a swap with mine, wont leave me alone now!

Yep! thats the one, he contacted me through the 350Z club, regarding my wanted for PX.

Don't think hes had it long, also states its 100% std, so why has he been asking for a std exhaust;)

He also says it belongs to a mate on the forum, makes me kind of suspicious.

In any case once i responded to his offer:tongue: i haven't heard from him.

Contrary to popular belief, they are a Nissan engine design, the VQ35DE and its derivatives was fitted to the

Nissan Altima, Maxima, and Pathfinder, as well as the Infiniti I35, G35, and QX4. plus a lot of others, most of these where around before Renault bought Nissan, there is an updated engine now fitted to the 350Z which has stronger internals etc,that may have had Renault design input, but essentially its still all Japanese.

Doesn't stop it from being a shite engine though :D

They do sound nice though, especially supercharged :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy6ifc4IZB4

I really like them too but I was really disopointed with the performance. It went really well upto 4500rpm then it's arse seemed to fall out. Those engines are screaming for a turbo I think.

couldnt agree more, i have sat in a turbo charged 350z and its a completly different car. performance to match the looks!

Are they really that bad?:(

In standard form sir yes! If I brought one it would be mainly on the looks! Though I thought the handling was not too bad considering it look quite...well er fatty! :D

Though I believe a single conversion is expensive... hold on you already have a single turbo Supra (nice one at that too) so you will know about this already :D

Are they really that bad?:(

In standard form sir yes! If I brought one it would be mainly on the looks! Though I thought the handling was not too bad considering it look quite...well er fatty! :D

Though I believe a single conversion is expensive... hold on you already have a single turbo Supra (nice one at that too) so you will know about this already :D

Just to add some balance, I don't agree with the above. It's an NA car, it won't have the punch of a turbocharged motor. The power band is different, so you'll have to adjust your driving style to get the most from it.

The engine might seem asthmatic at the higher end of the rev range, but I've yet to drive a V-configured 3.XL NA which doesn't. The low-down torque however does make up for it.

The chassis is beautifully weighted and the steering very sharp and refined. You can hold some mighty big powerslides too :D.

I've had quite a few hours driving the 350z in standard and modified form, and it's a fantastic modern coupe. All these people saying "oh no, it's a Renault engine!" might want to take a step back and do some reading. Not only is it a Nissan developed engine, but even if it was a Renault engine what would be the problem with that? Renault have and do make some brilliant cars.

Guest Suprafly

I Sold my Zed a couple of months back, They do lack in the power stakes but with 300bhp they're still quickish and they do hit the right spots, I've also had a 300ZXtt and felt as quick as that when the 300 was still in standard form, but the best thing about the 350Z is the unbelievable handling and the engine roar which I miss, Mine was a UK Nismo GT, and god I miss it, sometimes I wonder why I sold it, but I had the Supra itch that had to be scratched for the 4th time.

I'll definately buy another Zed but it would be the 370Z probably next year or maybe 2011, I've tested one on Nissans high speed test track at the plant in Sunderland, the 370Z has 334bhp and a shorter wheelbase so it's even better handling than the 350Z, and noticably quicker too.

I'm quite clued up on these cars and am a real Zed enthusiast, and I'm still a member on the 350Z-UK forum, so If anyone here feels they want a Zed and are looking for advice etc please don't hesitate to drop me a pm.

This was my last Zed, UK Nismo GT Rays with all the extras...

Guest Suprafly

Oh and just to add. The Zeds use Nissan engines, you couldn't hold Renault responsible for developing such a fine engine as this. It's a VQ35DE if anyone wondered.

Just to add some balance, I don't agree with the above. It's an NA car, it won't have the punch of a turbocharged motor. The power band is different, so you'll have to adjust your driving style to get the most from it.

Apologies might have come out wrong, I was comparing more towards Ricky's white single turbo. :D

Lower performance does not always mean a step back, I thought the build quality was not too bad considering Nissan interior plastics are very err plasticky :D

Though comparing to my TT I guess I had high expectation's, especially the weekend I was driving it I was also hoping in and out of a Mazda RX8 & although quicker than the RX8 it was a massive difference.

I Sold my Zed a couple of months back, They do lack in the power stakes but with 300bhp they're still quickish and they do hit the right spots, I've also had a 300ZXtt and felt as quick as that when the 300 was still in standard form, but the best thing about the 350Z is the unbelievable handling and the engine roar which I miss, Mine was a UK Nismo GT, and god I miss it, sometimes I wonder why I sold it, but I had the Supra itch that had to be scratched for the 4th time.

I'll definately buy another Zed but it would be the 370Z probably next year or maybe 2011, I've tested one on Nissans high speed test track at the plant in Sunderland, the 370Z has 334bhp and a shorter wheelbase so it's even better handling than the 350Z, and noticably quicker too.

I'm quite clued up on these cars and am a real Zed enthusiast, and I'm still a member on the 350Z-UK forum, so If anyone here feels they want a Zed and are looking for advice etc please don't hesitate to drop me a pm.

This was my last Zed, UK Nismo GT Rays with all the extras...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/japspeed_wayne/Wayne/2009-02-21-063.jpg

Very nice 350Z, they do look nice with a kit, if you look back at the previous page i have done my research about the engines, and a few other bits.

I have no misconceptions about the power difference, but the though of a reasonably poky N/A appeals, coupled with the great handling and quirky looks, the whole package is appealing, and having owned a couple of Nissan's i can forgive the dubious quality interior;)

Believe it or not you can actually get tired of being pined in your seat whilst accelerating toward the horizon at warp speed, only to stand on the brakes before a corner or fear of loosing your licence:eyebrows:

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)