The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Storing the car over winter - need some advice

jonathanc

Right, since I find it hard to sell my Sup at the moment I am thinking of storing her over the winter. When I say store I meant keeping the car wrapped up in a full car cover and parked in my car port (partially sheltered).

The car starts and runs fine at the moment other than the odd "groan" from the brakes but that is gone after she is probably driven and warmed up.

I am thinking at the moment of storing the car for 2 months max. Is there anything special that I must do before? Would I expect any problems?

Any advice on this?

Cheers!

The weather is getting crap now and it won't be long before they salt the roads. Really put me off driving the Sup in this weather :( [Plus harder to get traction around the rears)

I guess I could start it once in a while but will have to see about driving up and down the block. Road here bit crap.

As long as its not much hassle to do this since probably this is my first time doing it :p

I take mine of the road every year at the end of september, it doesn't come out the garage again until march/april and all I do is trickle charge it, I leave the battery connected for the extra security. Oh and a full service before I drive it again and it's always fine.