The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon wrap a TS bumper?

stinboy

Now I appreciate I may get a hammering from the taste police for this but here goes...

Has anybody tried wrapping the centre of a Top Secret front bumper (in a similar style do what many do with the Do-Luck)?

I'm thinking about that and a carbon bonnet could go well - what do we think?

Also dor those Do-Luck people who have done this, are there any issues with it tearing/fraying when going over speed bumps etc?

Are you planning on an actual carbon wrap, or a carbon effect vinyl?

Probably the vinyl. There are two reasons for me thinking about doing this.

First, I quite like the idea.

Secondly, I have a couple of hairline cracks which, even though have been repaired, are starting to reappear. The problem is my driveway is sloped and so the underneath of the bumper scrapes on entry and exit.

So whatever is toughest I suppose

You cant get a sheet of carbon vinyl wide enough to cover a bonnet cas ive looked into it. I did my Do-Luck front in carbon and it looks great especially with a carbon bonnet. Be interested in seeing a carboned TS font.

:yeahthat:

had my do-luck bumper carbon wrapped in the middle and it makes it look so much better - best thing to finish it off with is a carbon bonnet and carbon bladed TRD rear spoiler! :cool:

You cant get a sheet of carbon vinyl wide enough to cover a bonnet cas ive looked into it. I did my Do-Luck front in carbon and it looks great especially with a carbon bonnet. Be interested in seeing a carboned TS font.

Yeah I was thinking about treating myself to a KnightRacer carbon bonnet after Xmas.

find a company that does vynil wrapping they should help with the size issue.im currently waiting to here from one about wrapping a bonnet carbon effect