The mkiv Supra Owners Club

current toyota owner looking into mkiv ownership...

Scutch0

hi there,

im currently a ep91 starlet glanza v owner... always loved the mkiv supra and am currently considering a move into n/a ownership. supra was my first choice, the got lured in by a n/a 300zx, but have decided to stay toyota ;)

been out in a n/a earlier this week and was amazed at its performance, even though i only really want one as something a but nicer to cruise about in, but either way im now totally hooked... i'll be sad to see the ep91 go however!

some pics of my current bus:

Rich.

thanks. yeah, theyre nippy for what they are... but after about 80ish theyre pretty much out of steam... i love them though, i had a non turbo ep91 before this and have had starlets for 7 years now, so its a bit of a shame but its defo time to move on tho bigger things. :)

thanks. yeah, theyre nippy for what they are... but after about 80ish theyre pretty much out of steam... i love them though, i had a non turbo ep91 before this and have had starlets for 7 years now, so its a bit of a shame but its defo time to move on tho bigger things. :)
Well the NA Supra will be much bigger than the Starlet....size wise :D

Welcome TTC.

Lovely pictures! I remember seeing one years ago and it whoosed pasted me & then I heard a dump value. I was thinking no way that car has a turbo & then looked it up when I went home.

@ abz: yeah totally, although if im honest the supra didn't feel as big as the 300 zed i went out in, i personally think they look physically smaller than a supe, but it felt massive out on the road... it couldnt compare performance wise either, the supe felt much more gutsy.

well when i got my first starlet all i ever wanted was a glanza, thankfully i got one and had 3 years of fun with it, but i remember wanting a supra when i was a kid... so i hope i'll end up with one too!

@ dave17: no, ive never been out in a tt, after being impressed with the n/a i can imagine the tt would blow my mind...

but alas im having to settle for a n/a because of the amount of miles i do... a tt would probably make me cry when i cant afford to run it!

anyway, im kinda at the stage at the moment where i find myself just cruising about more than giving it death now-a-days... so i think an n/a should hopefully be just the ticket.

cheers for the imput though!

Hi. Welcome to the club.

Any chance you could keep both cars? That looks tastefully modded, no crazy size wheels. Nice kit etc. It'd be a shame to sell it.

:)

Cheers for the kind words, I'm not into big kits on hatchbacks, I just love oem stuff!

Unfortunately I am unable to keep her due to space and free cash, if I could keep her too I would and maybe get a tt... But unfortunately she's gonna have to go to fund the supra!

Nice mate, that looks like a minter. I see a few of them at local meets but none as nice looking as yours.

With regard to running a TT, insurance wise a TT is not much more than a N/A. I'd also suggest that if you do mainly motorway miles, and stay off boost, the TT returns excellent MPG........It's only when you go mad with the loud pedal that they tend to guzzle.

.. so i hope i'll end

but alas im having to settle for a n/a because of the amount of miles i do... a tt would probably make me cry when i cant afford to run it!

Welcome to the club

N/a and TT use around same amount of fuel :p

N/a around 25MPG driving steady

TT around 21/22 MPG driving steady