The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long awaited build

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC

Well, I dropped my supra off to the bodyshop on Thursday. Having a nice new paint job, few changes are being made such as a Bomex front end, overfenders and the like...

Recently installed a massive sounds system with the boxes made from carbon fibre.

Once its out of the bodyshop I intend on completing the head work and single turbo build...

Its just BPU at the mo so can't wait for the transformation ..... I will post progress here......

Guest EncoreWRC

Bodyshop contacted me today to tell me that the Sup has had a rear end smack at some point. Totally unaware of this. He was rolling the rear arches and flaring them when a small piece of filler cracked away.... news to me... but I suppose all cars that are 13 years old risk having hidden pasts.... HPI never showed anything.... wonder if it was done prior to being imported...

Anyway.... front bumper is now fitted, overfenders are fitted a little better and neater and just had a new clutch installed....

Guest EncoreWRC

The amps weigh a fair bit.. the sub boxes weigh FA...

Need to get some pics of the finished carbon (real not wrap) and the subs..

I need to do a few finishing bits but its been handed to the bodyshop to be painted now..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EncoreWRC

It will be yeah.... I have New KW's, nothing too much and I expect to upgrade but the standard ones were shot so needed to do something.

Lots of cutting and grinding going on there at the mo..... saw the car yesterday and its looking quite sorry for itself. I am sure it will all be worth it in the end.... The guys work is top notvh and he is very creative with lots of new ideas... its his first Supra project and he is really getting stuck in...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest EncoreWRC

Pics so far..... the car needs a few bits done, bonnet pins to be fitted.. front fogs etc....... ICE install still in for painting but its paint curing time.

Going back for a final mop in about 2 weeks and for the final touches to be done......

Next to repaire/fix/replace will be a new Exhaust as mine is falling apart!

Buy a few chrome bits.... pod guages etc.... New Wheels...... hey.. the list goes on!

PIC00643.jpg

PIC00647.JPG

PIC00665.jpg

PIC00663.jpg