The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension question...

Guest Suprafly

Guest Suprafly

Is the Supra Suspension the same through the range from 93 - 98?

Like will suspension from a n/a fit a tt or will I have to get suspension from a tt?

I'm going to remove my tein's because I suspect them of being dead, they're knocking etc, so what I'm going to do is fit standard suspension to check my theory.

The actual suspension fit is the same throughout the range/years, but the spec of the springs and dampers varies over different models and years, ie. the TT has heavier rated springs and damping as the car is a little heavier than the NA.

If you are going back to stock then I would recommend fitting a brand new set of Bilstein/Toyota dampers (these were standard on some models) and a set of late model VVTi springs

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/cimg00037nc.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest Suprafly

Ok so I need dampers from a j-spec tt, I was actually planning on fitting Stock dampers with lowered springs.

But before I buy new I want to either borrow or buy a used setup cheap and fit them to see if my Tein's really are at fault.

Guest Suprafly

Ok I've scrapped the idea of lowering springs and stock dampers, I'm just going to buy a set of new coilovers.

But first I still want to get a set of stock jobbies on to fully make sure it IS my tein's at fault, I'd like to make sure 100% before I go spending £££'s on new coilovers.

If anyone has a set of stock front's lying around locally that I could collect would be helpful?

Ok I've scrapped the idea of lowering springs and stock dampers, I'm just going to buy a set of new coilovers.

But first I still want to get a set of stock jobbies on to fully make sure it IS my tein's at fault, I'd like to make sure 100% before I go spending £££'s on new coilovers.

If anyone has a set of stock front's lying around locally that I could collect would be helpful?

I hear good things about Chris Wilsons modified bilsteins with adjustable ride height.

Guest Suprafly
I hear good things about Chris Wilsons modified bilsteins with adjustable ride height.

Modified bilsteins with adjustable ride height?

Looks like something I have to see just to see how thats done.

anyone got any pics of said modified bilsteins?

You're in Luck. i have a set of TT shockers sitting in a box and i'm in tyne and wear :)

Peter

Guest Suprafly
You're in Luck. i have a set of TT shockers sitting in a box and i'm in tyne and wear :)

Peter

Sounds good does that.

Any chance I might borrow your front pair?

I can pick them up Sunday and try them on monday and get them back to you monday evening?

If this is ok with you can you either pm or text me your post code and best time for you.

I've pm'd you my number.

Thanks.

Edited by Suprafly (see edit history)

Modified bilsteins with adjustable ride height?

Looks like something I have to see just to see how thats done.

anyone got any pics of said modified bilsteins?

hey bud, i have been making suspension enquiries myself, theres a pic of the modified bilsteins here in this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203228

:)

Guest zander24

Will the springs off normal tt shocks fit on the Blistein shock, i have blisteins but they are 2 low, and i think that the sprins are lowering ones, was going to try a set of non blistein springs

Guest zander24

Hey Chris,

Im in Ireland mate, so just wondering would the p&p over and back be expensive,

your price is very good, if the p&p was alot it would make it cheaper to buy 2nd hand springs off a non Bilstein TT. would the springs fit the Bilsteins?

When you do your magic will it be at a permanent height or will there be few positions? Thanks

Southern Ireland is a killer for carriage, but if you have someone in northern Ireland I can send to it's only going to cost you 8.50 insured return carriage. I can machine several grooves so you have a choice of heights, but it's a damper off job to change height. All Toyota factory Supra MKIV springs will fit the Bilstein seats.

Guest zander24

Yea unfortunetly im in Southern Ireland, so the shipping could be a killer. i might try the springs from another car, im not fully sure whats on the Bilsteins at the moment, on guy has told me that the springs on Blisteins are alot lower standard TT shocks

Yea unfortunetly im in Southern Ireland, so the shipping could be a killer. i might try the springs from another car, im not fully sure whats on the Bilsteins at the moment, on guy has told me that the springs on Blisteins are alot lower standard TT shocks

They aren't maybe 5 mm or so, that's all. It'll have some low aftermarket springs on it, for sure.