The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18 inch Blitz Techospeeds Z1's Advice Please.

Pudsey

Good Evening all,

Can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for on the site, so thought I would through this in the ring.

Looking at a set of Blitz Technospeed Z1's Keron has for sale.

Detailed as the following: -

.......................................................................................

As above...a set of 18" Blitz Z1 alloy wheels...they are:

fronts: 8j x 18" et41

rears: 9j x 18" et 45

........................................................................................

Does anyone know if these wheels are correct for a Supra, just realised they are 8j & 9j and seem to be a wee bit small.

I currently run 8.5j and 9.5j on practically new rims, but like the dished rim look.

Advice as always will be much appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance ladies and gents ;)

Just found this from 2003 by Paul Whiffin in a post query:-

Yep, front should be 9x18 +41 and rear 10x18 +45, no problem with supplying them either at a nice saving over UK retail price..e-mail me if you need prices..

So the ones above cant be right then? Anyone

Edited by Pudsey
Spelling (see edit history)

I am running Z1 19s. It has been a while since I bought them but I`m pretty sure that thefronts are 9 (255) and the rears are 10 or 10.5 (275).

So the above ones for sale are pretty small then really aren't they, looks like I may be better staying with what I already have then.

Just checked yours out certainly fill the arches dont they, liking the brakes too!

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)

So the above ones for sale are pretty small then really aren't they, looks like I may be better staying with what I already have then.

Just checked yours out certainly fill the arches dont they, liking the brakes too!

If the bigger wheels have the right offset and tyre profile then they will fit without having to roll or modify the standard arches. I am running 19s on lowered coilovers with no problems. :)

If the bigger wheels have the right offset and tyre profile then they will fit without having to roll or modify the standard arches. I am running 19s on lowered coilovers with no problems. :)

Oh right thats cool then.

Do you know what offset your wheels are by the way?

Guess the 18's and 19's are different?

Oh right thats cool then.

Do you know what offset your wheels are by the way?

Guess the 18's and 19's are different?

Sorry mate,

I dont have the details as I got mine 5 or 6 years ago and I have lost the invoice. I would have thought Blitz Uk should be able to give you the info.

The smaller whheels may be ok for you if you are running standard power and suspension. I think 255s may fit on 9s????

In my opinion (obviously biased) the Z1s are the top dog for Supra wheels.

Sorry mate,

I dont have the details as I got mine 5 or 6 years ago and I have lost the invoice. I would have thought Blitz Uk should be able to give you the info.

The smaller whheels may be ok for you if you are running standard power and suspension. I think 255s may fit on 9s????

In my opinion (obviously biased) the Z1s are the top dog for Supra wheels.

I will drop them a line or two see what they think, I have a feeling that the 9j won't fill the arches properly.

But not sure if the offset would remedy that, I am not an expert at that type of thing see.

Im just after something else to polish ha, they do look nice for sure. :eyebrows:

I will drop them a line or two see what they think, I have a feeling that the 9j won't fill the arches properly.

But not sure if the offset would remedy that, I am not an expert at that type of thing see.

Im just after something else to polish ha, they do look nice for sure. :eyebrows:

They dont need polished at all as they are coated.:)

The only PITA is when you have to grind out any kerb marks. Then you break throgh the protective coat and the edge goes black.:blink:

Easy enough to fix. Just rub the edge down with some good quality polish for a mirror shine.:cool:

They dont need polished at all as they are coated.:)

The only PITA is when you have to grind out any kerb marks. Then you break throgh the protective coat and the edge goes black.:blink:

Easy enough to fix. Just rub the edge down with some good quality polish for a mirror shine.:cool:

Ah right so they aren't a Stainless Dish then?

Aww no polishing after all :(

Ah right so they aren't a Stainless Dish then?

Aww no polishing after all :(

Yes, though stainless dosn`t mean no polishing. The factory coating is top of the line and can take some serious abuse. I have had mine for 6 years and they still are faultless if you clean them every week.

The problem is when you disturb the coating ie regrinding kerb damage. You have to machine stainless steel to remove the damage. This removes the protective coating. A good repair job will leave a smooth edge but it will eventually tarnish. Not a big problem as you can polish the machined edge. About one hour per month.

At the end of the day I think that it is worth the effort for these wheels as they really set the car apart from the ordinary.

They must be good quality wheels then lasting that long coat wise.

There has been a post on the other thread where the wheels were originally posted, gives a good idea what the wheels will look like.

Just checking with GazzGSI about the size of his rims, and if they were the same.

The higher the offset number, the further 'in' the arch they will sit.

the lower the number, the more they'll stick out.

The higher the offset number, the further 'in' the arch they will sit.

the lower the number, the more they'll stick out.

Ah I see, thanks for that 'nice and simple' gives me an idea how they will look in the arch, as I thought probably a little in board then.

Not sure if thats the look I wanted to be honest, rather them fill the arches properly you know.

Nice ride that man!

This is my only worry to be honest.

I know the standard wheels are 8j and 9j, but if you look around all aftermarket rims seem to be 8.5j and 9.5j.

Can't seem to find any information no matter how much I trawel, on the Bliz ones with that size advertised.

Looked at some members cars on here, but cant be sure they are 8j & 9j pictures.

Ah I see, thanks for that 'nice and simple' gives me an idea how they will look in the arch, as I thought probably a little in board then.

Not sure if thats the look I wanted to be honest, rather them fill the arches properly you know.

As another comparison the rears will be as near as damn it the same distance out as stock 17's. 45 offset means they stick out from the hub an extra 5mm, but being only 9" means that you 'lose' 1/4" (approx 6mm) over the stock 17's.

......I would add that I had these some time ago in the exact same widths and offsets and they were great on the car (TT aero). Lighter than the 9 & 10 combo, plenty of width to get stock sizes on but I can see the look re arch flushness, or lack of, is not for everyone.