The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A new guy that knows his next cars a supra!

narbar

Hi, my names Dean and i live in Stafford, its come to that time when you want a new car, i currently have a Astra Gsi Turbo which has been a good car but ive had it for a year now and i fancy something abit more exclusive!

The main thing i want to ask is how much am i going to need to spend to get a decent RZ Supra and preferably off this owners club because some of your Supra's are simply stunning.

Would it be better to come in with full cash or would a swap for a Astra GSI (cheaper car to run and cheaper insurrance) plus abit of cash on top be acceptable?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me! Thanks Dean

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dean

I think at the moment you would get more cash if you sold the Astra first rather than part ex it (would be worse part ex from a garage). If you turn up to buy a car with cash on the hip everything is in your favour.

Also if you pay to join here (only about a tenner) you get access to the classifieds section and can put your astra up for sale on there. Parting with money to join a forum might seem a bit odd (1st one I have paid for) but it's deffinately worth it, I only joined 2 months ago but so far.

1. I got 20% off my insurance by being a member here

2. My damaged fibreglass bonnet is being fixed by someone who knows what they are doing (member here) where it would probably have to be trashed otherwise.

3. One member is kindly lending me their spare bonnet whilst mine is getting fixed

4. Another member is getting hold of some parts I need

And I have bugged loads of people via PM with loads of questions, really friendly bunch here.If you see any ads anywhere you find interesting you can always point people towards them and they will let you know if its a good price or not.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

Normally it would be a manual but ive heard good things about the Supra auto's so im not that fussed about the transmission, Twin turbo is the one i want :D

Thanks for the advice as well about joining, i didnt realise you got so many benefits for joining a owners club, ill join now if its only a tenner!

Edited by narbar (see edit history)

Welcome aboard :)

Normally it would be a manual but ive heard good things about the Supra auto's so im not that fussed about the transmission, Twin turbo is the one i want :D

Looks like you've been doing your research :ok:

I'd certainly recommend test driving an Auto and a Manual if you can, as they're quite different beasts (although both equally good in thier own ways)

Don't forget auto TT's are limited as to how much torque you can put through the box. If you are looking to go single in the future and are looking for 500BHP+ then a 6 speed is your best option unless you are prepared to upgrade/strengthen and add cooling to the autobox.

Welcome to the club :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

:welcome: TTC Dean.

Depends if a member would not mind a P/X. Do loads of research on the forum before you buy one, a lot of information is available including a buyers guide etc on the forum. Good luck in your search & you are right it is better to buy a Supra off a club member than a non club member. Chances are they have been more looked after though this does not mean the car will be 100% working :).

thanks for all the help guys, ive heard off people how friendly this owners club is and they are right! Ill deffinately look at test driving a auto and a manual if the opportunity presents its self. Im not really concerned with modding the supra up as a standard one will be fast enough for me!

If its alrite with you guys ill probs be bugging you all to find out more details about supra's just to weigh up my options to which one i want. Regardless if i have to sell my car or part ex I will be having one!

Thanks again for your help, Dean

Edited by narbar (see edit history)

You're welcome Dean, Glad we can help a fellow Supra owner to be :)

If you can check the local meets and she if anyone is having local to you, might be worth you going and meeting a few people.

They might take you out for a spin as well if your nice ;)

Welcome Dean

i am sure that u will enjoy supra ownaship they realy are fantasticly built cars and realy go like stink even in standard form .:)

like the guys said if ya can try a manual and auto just to be sure,

either boxes are very very good but with most things there are pros and cons to them in the long run of ownaship.

The club realy does have a great atmosphere and a sence of family so if ya can get to a meet and have a good look round the supras,hey ile even take u out in mine if u do:)

anyway welcome to the club

The club realy does have a great atmosphere and a sence of family so if ya can get to a meet and have a good look round the supras,hey ile even take u out in mine if u do:)

I Might take you up on that offer one day :D thanks for the advice its deffinately something ill look into doing.

Welcome Dean

I am sure that you will enjoy supra ownerhip they really are fantastically built cars and really go like stink even in standard form :)

Like the guys said if you can try a manual and auto just to be sure, either boxes are very very good but with most things there are pros and cons to them in the long run of ownership.

The club really does have a great atmosphere and a sense of family so if you can get to a meet and have a good look round the supras, hey I'll even take you out in mine if you do :)

Anyway welcome to the club

:yeahthat::sly: