The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater control

Dnk

I had a new matrix fitted a few years ago with no problems but can only get it to blow luke warm air even on full hot on the dial, im pretty sure its not an airlock as i spent over an hour bleeding the system.

Pipes going in and out of the matrix are hot.

How can i check the other parts that control the temp are working or not working.

Cheers

Dunk

Can you hear "things moving" when you adjust the temperature up and down?

You can see the actuators moving but as for the actual valve on the heater matrix i dont know, all the other flaps work properly and change on the heater control as they should.

When you switch it to hottest setting, are you sure it's pushing to the full extent of its travel, and not getting stuck halfway.

In the passenger footwell, watch the actuator arm move as you adjust the dial to hot, then when it stops, see if it'll travel further with a bit of persuasion.

That was the 1st thing we checked and again it looks like its working correctly.

Is your engine getting up to operating temperature (IE, your stat isn't stuck open?)

Engine warms up no problem and sits spot on the middle of the temp gauge like its always done since i bought it 10 yrs ago, the car had a new o/e radiator and o/e heater matrix fitted in 2006 and also not so long ago had a new o/e thermostat fitted.

Theres no gurgleing noises in the dash and everything seems to work fine but only luke warm air when on full hot.