The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Grooved Brembe j-spec discs

bodilx6

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about these:

LINKY

I know the best way to go would be UK all round, and I would love to, but it would include the costs of new wheels at great expence (if you are gonna do it, do it right the first time) which I'm not looking for right now.

So, will the discs linked to provide any better cooling than stock or will I just end up with warped discs due to it being some cheap china knock off?

If they are genuine Brembo which makes me wonder as they are so cheap, then i imagine there would be nothing wrong with changing them but as far as i know they discontinued making the stock size front discs for the Supra and now they only do the "Big Brake Kit" but i might be wrong :)

Grooved discs *can* be better in the wet, or with old fashioned pads that build up a gaseous layer under duress. Generally speaking a plain disc is fine. Be awre that a lot of "fashionable" looking discs are just cheap Taiwanese or Chinese castings fiddled about to look racy on a CNC machine. I have never found a better disc than stock, or some German TUV approved aftermarket ones. Genuine Brembo castings should be fine though. Are they real Brembo castings though? Even Boeing were caught out with fake cap head bolts from China that were about as good as something for mending a wheelbarrow from B&Q's DIY department, in reality.