The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decent brake upgrade .....

Jamesy

Depends on how fast you want to stop!!!!!;)

I would have thought that a 400++ hp car desrved some DECENT brakes:eyebrows:

I know mate, you're right it does - but im trying to upgrade lots of things with feck all money to do it with!!

Surely these are better than Jspec though... or not worth it?

On my old TT6 i got some 3G drilled discs, braided lines and Motul 5.1 fluid just on the fronts and the difference was very noticeable.

I can't see the link but ill have a look at work, but I'm in the process of changing my brakes as they are ruined to put it nicely!

I've gone for 3G Ultimate discs with CW pads but I'm just yet to buy the pads but from what I looked at and heard it shouldn't be a too bad a setup for a BPU car :)

PS: you look like Kaka :D

I can't see the link but ill have a look at work, but I'm in the process of changing my brakes as they are ruined to put it nicely!

I've gone for 3G Ultimate discs with CW pads but I'm just yet to buy the pads but from what I looked at and heard it shouldn't be a too bad a setup for a BPU car :)

PS: you look like Kaka :D

Cheers mate - yeah the 3G's were pretty decent on my old TT6 which was bpu. obviously not as good as UK spec or the big boys stuff but for the money they were good. I also got the CW fast road pads which helped alot.

PS: What??? :search:

;)

the best mod iv done on my car by a mile was fitting lexus ls400 brakes with the 315mm discs . huuuuuuge difference from my j specs. and i got the calipers. 2 new discs and new pads all for about £180

im hopefully goin to be getting some chris wilson pads in the new year 2 so they should be even better,

thats the route i reccomend for that kind of money

Cheers mate - yeah the 3G's were pretty decent on my old TT6 which was bpu. obviously not as good as UK spec or the big boys stuff but for the money they were good. I also got the CW fast road pads which helped alot.

PS: What??? :search:

;)

I already have the UK brakes on the car just changing the discs pads and fluid ;)

PS: if you have a look at the shameless attention thread I posted about it in there quite near the end I think :D

I'm guessing your not clued up about football? :)

I already have the UK brakes on the car just changing the discs pads and fluid ;)

PS: if you have a look at the shameless attention thread I posted about it in there quite near the end I think :D

I'm guessing your not clued up about football? :)

lol - yeah im bang into football mate - i just spotted it now!!! ;)

What about the D2 kits going on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-JZA80-356-D2-FRONT-BIG-BRAKE-DISC-KIT_W0QQitemZ320411507177QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9a0399e9

I'm sure I read something about them somewhere - but couldn't find anything on the search. Expensive, but...

Still got JSpec brakes on mine, and driving back at 2am this morning, they all of a sudden didn't fill me with much confidence.

Then again heard a lot about Chris Wilson's pads, so maybe worth an investment!

...Oh, hi Kaka, no idea you owned a Supra :D

Edited by deathmonkey
spelt fill wrong! (see edit history)

What about the D2 kits going on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-JZA80-356-D2-FRONT-BIG-BRAKE-DISC-KIT_W0QQitemZ320411507177QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9a0399e9

I'm sure I read something about them somewhere - but couldn't find anything on the search. Expensive, but...

Still got JSpec brakes on mine, and driving back at 2am this morning, they all of a sudden didn't fill me with much confidence.

Then again heard a lot about Chris Wilson's pads, so maybe worth an investment!

I love those brake kits but @ a bag of sand for a pair its well out of my price range! :(

...Oh, hi Kaka, no idea you owned a Supra :D

Hi :) - yeah Supras are cheap here in Brazil !!!

Save your pennies and get some large spec brakes Jamesy. If you haven't already though, get some braided lines and good pads in the mean time.

:yeahthat: j spec brakes will stop you once and once only! i wouldnt waste my money trying to make them better speaking of which alex PM'd

lol, what is the difference between stopping a 500hp car and a 40hp car that weight the same from 60mph?

Who cares if you stack a 40hp car??? Thats if you could get it up to 60mph.

Seriously J spec brakes from 60 are fine, from 160 not so much so.

I really rate Chris Wilson's fast road pads, I had UK fronts and J spec rears with his pads and the car stopped with no fade from 190 speeds repeatedly at Bruntingthorpe.

It can get there in 1 second or twenty one seconds, they still only have to retard a fixed weight in a time governed by tyre adhesion. Now, if they had to do this twenty times in rapid succession then the time intervals of those successions would be potentially less given more power. But that's not what the OP said.