The mkiv Supra Owners Club

shortened auxillary belt

Lee_e

hey guys

Did a quick search but couldn't dig up anything of real use.

basically when i bought my sup it didn't have the air con unit or compressor, and now my pulley which is used by the aircon only , is squealing and sqwelching :blink: if thats a word :search:

been to a reputable garage in my area who know their supra's and they seem to be 99% sure its that.

where can i go about obtaining a belt to by-pass the aircon pulley ?, as I don't feel like paying allot to remove the pulley totally.

mechanic told me they were obtainable.

cheers guys

lee

1, You are not describing a timing belt.

2, You post makes no sense. You say your car doesn't have an AC compressor but the pulley for the AC is squealing. Huh?

3, Gates do the belt you need if you have no AC compressor.

sorry for my incompitence

[/OOPS] havent had much sleep in the last 3 days [sAD][/sAD]

a fan belt is what im after indeed and the garage and myself visualy checked the crank damper etc

i have an auto if this makes a difference, so what your saying is that if i did not have the A/C compressor, i wouldnt have a pulley there ?

the mechanic told me it didnt have the compressor and that the pulley is still on there which is whats creating the noise as the bearing are on there way out.

i need all the help i can get with mechanically minded things, as you can see by my first thread [OOPS]

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

sorry guys and cheers for any help