The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blitz sbc-idiii

LeeT

im going to be fitting this is in the morning and wondered if i need anything other than whats supplied. ive read the mkiv.com instructions and it seems i need 4 vacuum caps?anyone know where i can get these from?

has any one got the english instuctions they can scan in?

any other help, tips etc would be appreciated

cheers ...lee

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

True this thread Dude.

It has settings and a link to the english version of the manual and the english manual of the Powermeter. For the vacuum caps, I just cut the original pipes and put a bolt in the end with a jubilee clip around it. HTH

Although a search would of found it :p

Ben..

DAM!! Seems that the links to those documents has changed. I have them if you want me to email them to you? If they aren't too big.

Ben..

No probs dude, the under bonnet bits the easy bit, especially if you have small hands (not me:( ), the hard part is trying to find an easy way to display the screen.

Ben..

what do you mean by an easy way to display screen? i thought the in car part would be easy:(

Originally posted by leett

under stereo in blank din slot. what cango wrong?:D

How are you going to mount it in the slot, so that it sits flush with the face? I had to fabricate a metal bracket and rivet it to the old stereo frame, and that was the second attempt, the first went very much south (i.e. was complete crap!).

If I was you, I would get the dash out and set the face up first, then put all the wiring in afterwards. You don't see the wires, but you see the face. HTH mate.

Ben..

How are you going to mount it in the slot, so that it sits flush with the face? I had to fabricate a metal bracket and rivet it to the old stereo frame, and that was the second attempt, the first went very much south (i.e. was complete crap!).

If I was you, I would get the dash out and set the face up first, then put all the wiring in afterwards. You don't see the wires, but you see the face. HTH mate.

Ben..

i see what you mean. i have a toyota blanking plate at moment so will just stick it on there for now then like you say make a plate up so can sit flush. i will worry about getting it all working first off.

cheers for your help

lee

Originally posted by leett

i see what you mean. i have a toyota blanking plate at moment so will just stick it on there for now then like you say make a plate up so can sit flush. i will worry about getting it all working first off.

cheers for your help

lee

No probs dude, enjoy.

Ben..

not sure if you have one but the flip face stereo units (sony etc)can also hit the SBC-ID when its mounted under the stereo. Looks fine when you fit it but as the face drops down on the stereo the bottom can hit the top of the unit and jam it.

JB

Originally posted by Branners

not sure if you have one but the flip face stereo units (sony etc)can also hit the SBC-ID when its mounted under the stereo. Looks fine when you fit it but as the face drops down on the stereo the bottom can hit the top of the unit and jam it.

JB

i didnt even think about that. if it sits back flush with the stereo it'll be alright though wont it? i may be making a bracket tomorrow then :thumbs: