The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop caution.....

Scooter

Probably a bit pointless but I thought I'd post up another 'quick private sale now reappeared for sale' thread as the black GZ aerotop in question was sold on Pistonheads with 165K miles and is now on autotrader with a markup (£6,695)and only 84K miles.........so even if the pistonheads seller got the KM's and miles mixed up its still been wound back some i think..........buyers beware

Just spoken with him on the phone. His name is Paul and he is situated in Slough. He sells cars from home and has only had the car for 2 days.

He purchased it from a guy who had owned it for the 7 previous years, after I got his name and address I asked why the "rare" car was sold for £4750 with 165,000 miles on Pistonheads and has reappeared for sale at the low price of £6695 with 84,000 miles.

He told me that it was km's and was converted to miles, I said that 84,000 miles equates to roughly 135,184 kms not the 165k and he hung up :D

Just spoken with him on the phone. His name is Paul and he is situated in Slough. He sells cars from home and has only had the car for 2 days.

He purchased it from a guy who had owned it for the 7 previous years, after I got his name and address I asked why the "rare" car was sold for £4750 with 165,000 miles on Pistonheads and has reappeared for sale at the low price of £6695 with 84,000 miles.

He told me that it was km's and was converted to miles, I said that 84,000 miles equates to roughly 135,184 kms not the 165k and he hung up :D

mmmmm i just happen to have andrews number, the pistonheads seller, will call him later:sly:

what an idiot.

so does this idiot also fake the service history to match the mileage of does he just prey on the arithmetic-obia :)

That's the thing stevie who can you report him to? Autotrader?

And anyway, all he'd do is leave the mileage out of the advert next time :(

I agree that it's unlikely to stop him, assuming he is clocking them. He needs to be prosecuted, but I have a feeling in my water that Trading Standards wouldn't be too interested unless it gets a lot more juicy. I hope I'm wrong.

But you know what'll happen, a poor unsuspecting new member will turn up with his shiny black aero. Only then will he realise what's happened. :(

I'm sure the original seller can contact trading standards and report him through them. Itn wouldn't be much use one of us doing it as the only evidence we have is the original advert on Pistonheads. the original seller will have personal knowledge of the car and can categorically state as FACT that the mileage has been tampered with.

Mr Broke, that's the best thing to do. If we report the seller to Autotrader or Pistonheads, the advert will just disappear, only for the car to be re-advertised somewhere else in the next few days. Gaz, it's Andrew's call really: do you think he'd be up for that?

i don,t know the guy, but i did try to buy it, i have left a message to give me a call back;)

I know him ...... i've met him ....... thats where i bought my n/a from last month !!!!!!!

I did get previous mot's and the mileage is correct !

However ...... i am now worried that i may have missed something .

I have just put it through the mot and it only wanted a bulb and headlamp aim . chassis number matched log book ...... that was one of the first things i checked .

It seems like a great car .

I know him ...... i've met him ....... thats where i bought my n/a from last month !!!!!!!

I did get previous mot's and the mileage is correct !

However ...... i am now worried that i may have missed something .

I have just put it through the mot and it only wanted a bulb and headlamp aim . chassis number matched log book ...... that was one of the first things i checked .

It seems like a great car .

I wouldn't be too concerned. I would be amazed if it was found that he clocked every car he sold. Mind you, looking at his mark up, I would assume you paid a lot more than he did when he bought it.

As an aside, how much did you pay for the NA?