The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Aerotop is now mine!

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

[/GRIN]

Hi Everyone

Thought I would share the news and let everyone know that I have doubled the number of Supras in my household - Call me insane but I've gone and bought the Thor Racing V8 GZ Aerotop. Thor have been doing some work on my existing Supra and we touched on the option of an engine swap, but then Pete took me out for a drive in his V8 and then said she was for sale - well - one test drive later and I was hooked! She's having a few tweaks, she's been MOT'd and I'm hoping to pick her up later in the week after she's been back on the dyno for a retune. So looking forward to giving her some TLC - WOOOHOOOOOO![GRIN]

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Daphne

(Sam)

awsome! we demand pics!! :D

edit:- so i'm guessing it's this one? http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Supra_V8_nonTurbo-251.asp

And from the magazine article there it seems to say it produces 250bhp from the standard engine.. of course i don't know how old the article is and what it may be producing now.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

thanks to everyone for comments - will take pics when she has been given some TLC - body work needs a bit of attention - side skirts need re-spraying and a few bits here and there, and then a good polish.

In the meantime if you go to Thor RAcing web site - you can see pics of her there. She hasn't got the thor racing stickers etc on anymore - shes completely bare! :-)

I paid £5K which I think is good considering all the parts that have gone into her - will post up a full list of mods etc in the Garage section over the weekend.

BHP and Torque wise I think Pete said it was around the 330 mark for both, but she is going on the dyno tomorrow and having a re-tune to make sure she is the best she can be with current spec. I was more than happy with her performance when I took here out on the test drive - loads of low end grunt and she's off like a rocket and obviously sounds great. Will get a copy of the dyno readout after tuning and let everyone know.

I'm also on the look out for new alloys and will save the current ones for track days. Looking for 10x18 on the rear and 9x18 on the front - seen some nice OZ Racing ones and also some Volks Racing - but any suggestions would be welcome.

Another tweak will also be a new front bumper as would like her to look more aggressive on the front - thinking BOMEX or C-West but not sure yet...........

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
Nice one Sam

Are you going to come and show it off at some of the Midland meets then:D:D

Absolutely yes - when she is looking tip top!

thanks to everyone for comments - will take pics when she has been given some TLC - body work needs a bit of attention - side skirts need re-spraying and a few bits here and there, and then a good polish.

In the meantime if you go to Thor RAcing web site - you can see pics of her there. She hasn't got the thor racing stickers etc on anymore - shes completely bare! :-)

I paid £5K which I think is good considering all the parts that have gone into her - will post up a full list of mods etc in the Garage section over the weekend.

BHP and Torque wise I think Pete said it was around the 330 mark for both, but she is going on the dyno tomorrow and having a re-tune to make sure she is the best she can be with current spec. I was more than happy with her performance when I took here out on the test drive - loads of low end grunt and she's off like a rocket and obviously sounds great. Will get a copy of the dyno readout after tuning and let everyone know.

I'm also on the look out for new alloys and will save the current ones for track days. Looking for 10x18 on the rear and 9x18 on the front - seen some nice OZ Racing ones and also some Volks Racing - but any suggestions would be welcome.

Another tweak will also be a new front bumper as would like her to look more aggressive on the front - thinking BOMEX or C-West but not sure yet...........

Paul Whiffin does some good deals on Rota wheels. All of which I like.

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
Paul Whiffin does some good deals on Rota wheels. All of which I like.

excellent - thanks for that tip - will have a look at those

Well done on the purchase. :)

Wheels wise, get the lightest you can. Wheels are unsprung weight so if you save 2kg per wheel it's saving you the equivalent of 8kg 'ish of sprung weight. Multiply that by 4 wheels and it's the same as, say, taking the rear seat and spare out. That's all good when it comes to all that torque. :)

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
Well done on the purchase. :)

Wheels wise, get the lightest you can. Wheels are unsprung weight so if you save 2kg per wheel it's saving you the equivalent of 8kg 'ish of sprung weight. Multiply that by 4 wheels and it's the same as, say, taking the rear seat and spare out. That's all good when it comes to all that torque. :)

Thanks Andy - I've been looking at Oz Racing and Volk Racing wheels - having probs to be honest finding makes and styles that are available in both the 9x18 and 10x18 sizes. I do like the Oz Superleggera IIIs but they are bit on pricey side - the Alleggerita ones are also really nice and a bit cheaper