The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bringing back Lost BHP ?

Lee_e

hey guys

Just wanting to know if there's anyway i can bring back some lost BHP on my TT BPU.

reason being is that i had it dyno'd a month or so ago and the figures where not too my liking(370 bhp). both turbo's working fine etc etc

it is in need of a service which i will be carrying out in january sometime. I dont currently have a boost controller but do have a boost gauge.

would buying a boost controller and upping the boost to 1.2 bar make a difference in power?

any other advice on getting my BHP back would be much appreciated :)

see, i thought that 370 was a good figure but hearing most of the members that have gone BPU there talking about 400 bhp etc or maybe just shy of 400. i do have a 1.2 restrictor ring fitted aswell.

i just personally thought BPU would make better figures than 360-370.

what is meant by "de-frag" [OOPS][/OOPS] im not very knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical terms :(

cheers guys

I just made 401bhp at just less than 1.1bar (1.07 to be exact) spec in my garage if you want to compare, the graph in my garage was from a previous run at the same dyno running just under 1bar but I have also changed a couple things since then.

The only way it would be comparable would be if he had a dyno run done at the same time on the same dyno. Otherwise comparisons are meaningless.

see, i thought that 370 was a good figure but hearing most of the members that have gone BPU there talking about 400 bhp etc or maybe just shy of 400. i do have a 1.2 restrictor ring fitted aswell.

i just personally thought BPU would make better figures than 360-370.

what is meant by "de-frag" [OOPS][/OOPS] im not very knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical terms :(

cheers guys

I'm not sure it is a mechanical term. :D

What intercooler are you running? Does it need replacing?

When did you fit your custom made induction kit?

Are the spark plugs Ok?

Me?

When I ran the car and got 401bhp I had everything that is listed in my garage. What I added/changed since my other 370bhp run was:-

I changed the Miami gt SMIC for a Toyosport FMIC

Gave it a service with new diff and atf fluid (also added a ATF cooler)

Removed the second cat as this was in place on the 370bhp run

turned the boost up on the EBC (i was trying to make 1.2bar but failed by 1.3bar, maybe nextime)

put my induction kit on

Had the same NGK iridiums in as previous run (could do with a change now)

I think thats it

spark plugs where changed only a week ago to grade 7 ngk's.

FMIC as far as i know is fine and im not too sure what make it is but a guy i know at Sussex performance who is currently running a 680bhp supra :blink:has the exact same one so it cant be that bad ;) as for the induction kit, i wouldnt have a clue who its made by but its pretty big and really should be changed to a smaller one with cold air feed.

so i think the general idea is to get it serviced and purchase a boost controller.

any ideas on good shops or websites to obtain this?

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

I am trying for more as most people do and what is on my list to do before my next run is

Heat shield the induction cone and add a cold air feed

Fit water/meth injection

Raise boost to 1.2bar

Duct the intercooler and rad properly

A full service again

I want a PAS and engine oil cooler

Possibly a Mines ECU or similar

Dont know what gains I will get, but I would be happy with 420-430bhp I know the injectors will hate me but its been done before