The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well that was fun

Supra ST Myster

Trust me whoever said if it aint broke dont try and fix it is right!

So i had the good old idea to fit my water temp gauge in today, went to remove the old stock one as my new sensor will be in place and a gentle and it was gentle twist with the rachet and snap! yep the sensor had snapped off leaving a nice open hole for all the water to flow out if the engine is on. So theres me thinking oh .~@~: (plus a lot more) here we go.

Anyway went to remove that section of pipe as i had to drill it out and tap it and fit my new sensor, and couldnt get it off unless i removed all the other pipes!!! lots of cuts on hands but got it all back together again with new sensor, tested car and so far all ok with no leaks

A few pics of how it was done.

pipe with no sensor.jpg

after!

The sensor is real easy to (well i thought) get to and take out, then when it snapped off i had to take that section of the pipe off, but to do that everything else had to come off which was the pain!

Got to the bolts for that pipe ok but you had to lift it up a bit to get it off but the other pipe was in the way, and to get that one off the main one had to come off!

the joys!! :flame Dev

Originally posted by supra TT myster

after!

The sensor is real easy to (well i thought) get to and take out, then when it snapped off i had to take that section of the pipe off, but to do that everything else had to come off which was the pain!

Got to the bolts for that pipe ok but you had to lift it up a bit to get it off but the other pipe was in the way, and to get that one off the main one had to come off!

the joys!! :flame Dev

Ah! OK, thought by the photos you had taken it off before you had broken it, and I was like "WTF did he take it off for!?!?".

Personally, I wouldn't of broken it in the first place! :p

Ben..