The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 Aerotop na Project

RoyBoy7

Hi Guys

I bought my Aerotop back in April, in a sad state. It had been parked under a tree for months (9 or so). My head said walk away but my heart said this car needs a new home,so I bought it. CRAZY I know.

So started with a little bodywork So far its been despoilered, do-luck style front bumper, the handles have been resprayed. A leak fixed (Thanx Paul Whiffin). Had to replace the alarm . I have changed the wheels.

So a freind and have decided to have a little comp . Buy A car and do it up for £15000. Im doing supra, he cant decide. So when he gets a car may have to rethink the money.

Will be doing an ice install( £1000 Max before it comes from my budget)

I will be keeping a photo diary of the progress.

This is how she was when I got her

P1010035 (2) (Small).JPG

P1010036 (Small).JPG

Edited by RoyBoy7
Adding pictures (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to do things a little different and its £15000 over time not in 1 hit. Also wanted to learn and enjoy the process .

Good luck with the car pal ...... doing it the way you are means that you'll know it inside out and its all your own work , thats what makes it special ........ making it how YOU want it .;)

Mate , you are proberly right . But plan to have fun along the way. I always wanted an Aerotop aswell .If he buys a gtr I'll break his legs until I catch up, only joking

If Aero top is a must, there are a couple of MINT ones at BPU level for sale on here at 8-9K, the 6 K would make then single,job done

I know you want to do it yourself but the NA is not a great base car for this project IMO

If Aero top is a must, there are a couple of MINT ones at BPU level for sale on here at 8-9K, the 6 K would make then single,job done

I know you want to do it yourself but the NA is not a great base car for this project IMO

I always seem to do things the hard way. Love the car .So must make the best of it.

Another aero project GREAT. Looking forward to seeing your progress mate.

Personally I thing the only way you know for definate you have a minter is build it yourself. If you need any pointers at all I'm more than happy to point you in the right direction. If you know what I mean.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had the Bonnet done , so back to red. Before anybody asks it was painted black when I bought it . Cant decide whether to keep the doLuck front or not . At the mo just waiting on Keron to get a TT sorted so I can do the conversion . The money is burning a hole in my pocket .

P1010168 (Small).JPG

P1010173 (Small).JPG

P1010160 (Small).JPG

P1010171 (Small).JPG

• 9 months later...

Update .

Well not much been going on with my car . Returned the front back to std with a rmm carbon lip . Had it meshed aswell . Have had a set of Hsd fitted aswell !

Late last year bought a TT engine and had to collect some bits for the TT conversion to be completed . Thats where it all started to go wrong car is with Keron as we speak ! He got the car running after about 5min it lost a whole lot of water , checked the dipstick and found a good water oil mix ! Not the news I was wanting . But such is life ! Hoping he gets the Head off this week to see if there is any damage and what to do next ! Will let you all know what happenned