The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car up for sale...interest from overseas

Duffman

Car is up for sale and is attracting alot of interest from overseas i.e. Hungray, Sweden, Denmark.

I'm am not sure whether to take these enquiries seriously or if they are con-artists or whatever.

Has anyone every sold a car overseas and is there a certain procedure for doing it?

Guest Twilight

I'm located in Finland and i've bought a numerous of cars from UK during last few years.

So you can take them seriously. But usually the buyer will ask you many questions since there is no point travelling into UK not knowing what kind of car is waiting for them.

like csa says its not in finland. Its was sold to a person here in denmark :-) But now its up for sale again :-)

here it is:

http://japanerimport.dk/Bil.aspx?BilId=248

That is a copy and paste of the original ad from last year, very lazy on the part of the seller

Denmark it is, I was sure it was Finland ! :D

Oh and £24,000 !!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Germany and bought mine here on the forum, Flew to the UK Paid cash and drove home. Will probably buy another one next year.

You will notice that when someone is willing to fly there to get the car and pay with cash they are probably not going to try to haggle with you on the price, but please be kind and do a full service and check on the car before they come pick it up as they will have a very long drive home.

GMan, I feel for you. I know that buying from over seas is fraught with danger, and you'd much rather have an honest opinion as to whether to drive or trailer it back. Nothing is worse than getting half way across Europe and discovering a minor fault that stops you getting home, which, having been told about it, you could have worked around the problem without failing to make a deal. Pricing is very different in some countries to the UK.

GMan, I feel for you. I know that buying from over seas is fraught with danger, and you'd much rather have an honest opinion as to whether to drive or trailer it back. Nothing is worse than getting half way across Europe and discovering a minor fault that stops you getting home, which, having been told about it, you could have worked around the problem without failing to make a deal. Pricing is very different in some countries to the UK.

Thanks Chris, but just to be absolutely clear, I had zero issues on the 600 mile drive home, my only Annoyance was that the speedo stopped working after 15minutes, So i had to gusstimate my speed the whole way back, Turned out it was just a faulty speed converter chip, fortunately it was installed with cannon plugs which made it a snap to remove (I wanted it to read in km's here on the continent anyways)

I have not regretted buying it for a single second and plan on keeping it when i buy a TT

Guest Twilight
I'm in Germany and bought mine here on the forum, Flew to the UK Paid cash and drove home. Will probably buy another one next year.

You will notice that when someone is willing to fly there to get the car and pay with cash they are probably not going to try to haggle with you on the price, but please be kind and do a full service and check on the car before they come pick it up as they will have a very long drive home.

I usually have a 1600mile trip back home. :) Its not that long... ;)

But yeah, a kind service or even an oil change would be nice.