The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS or Blitz?

swich

I have K&N in stock, the are the BEST filters in the world.

Blitz, I can get 664bhp with a stock air box and blitz panel filter.

HKS is pants.

Can you provide any proven results showing the difference in power or filtration capacity in a measurable context to back up the responses on a 2JZ-GTE?

Not taking the p*ss, genuine question.

I know K&Ns filter very effectively after washing mine and turning the sink water black, while at the same time the intake and turbo vanes are pristine.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the best filters in the world though as my sample set is rather small ;)

-Ian

I know K&Ns filter very effectively after washing mine and turning the sink water black, while at the same time the intake and turbo vanes are pristine.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the best filters in the world though as my sample set is rather small ;)

-Ian

Any type of empirical feedback is a good one Ian, I always had the same result with stock and AEM (4inch single one) too. The same cannot be said for the Apexi or ARC.

The HKS ones are terrible, after a few thousand miles they look like the intake pipes have been breathing crude oil.

Conjecture or fact? Please back it up with feedback, otherwise the post is not worth making (or us reading ;) )

I used a K&N pannel filter on my Civic Jordan. It filtered well (as the intake mani was clean inside, and when washing the filter the water went black), and just examining the filter it appeared strong and well made. I'm not saying it added much/any bhp, as I never dyno'd it, but the car drove well and the engine was a happy engine :)