The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skid pan days

JS2004

Has anyone been to this skid pan place? http://www.driverskills.com/

Its in York, and im seriously thinking about going because after reading lots of stuff here it seems having the actual practical experience as opposed to all theory makes a huge difference.

Ive sent them a message asking if I can use my own car (I doubt I can) and also if they have any rear wheel autos. Im not sure if it would be as usful learning how to control the skids in a manual since I drive an auto.. but I could be wrong?

Anyhow.. if anyones been how did you find it?

This type of weather just brings home how dangerous it can be on the roads and id rather learn in a skid pan than on the public road.

I booked a full day with them a few months ago as a surprise for the missus for next year. It's where they hold TOTB & you can use your own car if you want.

The guy I spoke with said it was better that way as they don't have anything similar to to a Supra to use.

Here's the course http://www.driverskills.com/driving-courses/performanceroaddriving.html

I just got an email back from them..

They dont have any auto rear wheel drives for the skid pan.. and they dont allow people to use their own :( damnit.

Im not sure if I would get the benefit im looking for in a manual. Oh well - the search continues, perhaps I can dig one up that has automatic rear wheel drives for the skid pan.