The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking to get RLTC

leonardjon

Can anyone recommend me someone who could supply and/or fit this, I have done a bit of reading around and it seems that the best option for my car would be the standard unit for ABS with Launch Control (RLTC6AL) ??

Also, in regard to fitting, is it something that could be a DIY job (I'm pretty competant with soldering and electronics and have fitted all the audio in my supe) What else is involved?

And, is it worth buying new or is 2nd hand ok?

Cheers :)

From what I remember it's between half a day and a days work for someone who knows what they are doing. That's fitting it and getting it set up properly. Secondhand units do come up for sale and usually around the £500 mark and normally when people change to the Solaris ECU. I'm sure if you spoke with Racelogic on the phone they could recommend someone in your area who fits them.

Here's a link to the unit and prices http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Products_and_Pricing-Retail_Prices

Dealer list is here http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Dealers-Dealer_List#uk

Installation guide is here in PDF format http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Technical-Instructions

HTH :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

It is a a self install job if you are comfortable with basic wiring on a car. Instructions are fairly clear. There is expertise on here if you get stuck. Passenger seat out makes, the installation much easier as unless you use a Field harness, all the soldering is done at the bottom of the passenger foo twell. Connecting to the ABS sensor wires behind the dash can be a RPITA, but doable. Ensure that the rpm source you use is not shared with other after market equipment, as RLTC really does not like a shared source, and will cause a host of issues. When you are done drop me a PM and I'll sort out a dat file for you.

Thanks for the advice :)

Didn't think to look for fitting instructions online doh! :( That's useful, thanks :)

Seems straightforward but pretty involved...if that makes sense!?

Are there any differences or things worth noting between Jspec and UK spec installation procedures?

...Steve - I saw your FS thread when I was scouting around earlier, yh PM :)

Thanks for the advice :)

Didn't think to look for fitting instructions online doh! :( That's useful, thanks :)

Seems straightforward but pretty involved...if that makes sense!?

Are there any differences or things worth noting between Jspec and UK spec installation procedures?

...Steve - I saw your FS thread when I was scouting around earlier, yh PM :)

I've done a VVTi and UK, basically the same - different wires on the ECU. Guides are on this forum as to which ones they are.

Pin outs are slightly different, diagrams are self explanatory. when connect up ABS signals it is not necessary to identify which wire goes to which sensor as RLTC calibrates the signals. If you get a second hand system, the plugs will be pre wired so will save time. As for reliability of S/H units, it is very good. Very few units fail and RL offer a good tech back up service, they have done stuff for me FOC, that what I call excellent service.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Pin outs are slightly different, diagrams are self explanatory. when connect up ABS signals it is not necessary to identify which wire goes to which sensor as RLTC calibrates the signals. If you get a second hand system, the plugs will be pre wired so will save time. As for reliability of S/H units, it is very good. Very few units fail and RL offer a good tech back up service, they have done stuff for me FOC, that what I call excellent service.

Good to know, thanks :) I'm guessing I can find information for pin outs for the ABS and injectors and things in the Tech Info section?

Quick question in regard to the dat files - are they specific to each car or are they pre-defined 'templates' ?

One thing I do remember when I spoke to Racelogic they warned me that there was a possibility of compatibility issues when using the traction control with certain injectors. It was either high or low impedance which could cause lean AFR's.

I did start a thread on here and asked if anyone had experienced any issues but didn't get many answers.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)