The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adding a remote start to the Supra

Abz

Afternoon All,

I've done a search on this but this request might be a little different. I've made the title so then hopefully if we have future members with the same request they can find this.

Right, I already have an exisiting Alarm (Cat 1 Laserline) but I want to add a remote starting module or additional module so then I can remote start my car in the cold to ensure it reaches working temp without me freezing my crown jewels off.

Some may say put on more trousers or wear wolly underwear, the issue is mainly the evenings I am playing football. I end up sitting in the Supe in my shorts while the car is warming up & its bloody freezing! I use to have a remote start on my old car (clifford alarm) and it was fantastic, amazing bit of kit!

Can anyone suggest maybe an alarm fitter in London who could do this for me? Suggust maybe a kit I could purchase? Give me a rough indicator of price & mainly if it is possible to do the above, or does it mean I have to strip out my old alarm & install a new one which I don't really want to do.

i got the avantguard clifford 5.5 that comes with intellistart. you need to have the remote start wired into your alarm which is a pain in the a$$ otherwise you car could start and somebody will drive it away.

Not with the steering lock on they wont!!!!:cool:

Ive got the clifford concept 650 with remote start and blackjax and it is still a cat1 alarm, i also had the turbo timer built into the alarm which is a bonus.

I have an auto so the intellistart is always activated whereas on a manual you have to activate it every time so you dont start your car in gear and can become a chore!

Thanks for the response guys, if it means the alarm is no longer Cat 1 then it might be an issue but the car intellistart would need to cut the engine if some gets into the car & presses the brake pedal.

Sounds like I might need to strip the old alarm & put in a new one with the intellistart, though money is tight at the moment & I could really only budget £200 for the remote start facility. I see the remote alarms with intellistart budget around £600 inc fitting.