The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many hours labour for the following

Scott

Just been charged a fair amount of dough to do some work on my car. Just wondering how long it should take to do the following.

Front Crank Oil Seal Replacement

Oil Pump replacement (Subfram Drop, Sump Drop)

Waterpump Replacement

Coolant Flush

Steam Clean

AFR install

EGT install (Wiring already done, just decat pluming)

Stick in a few hours cushion.

Cheers

It's a job I feel I could have done myself but time & space constraints hold me back from undertaking such tasks. If I go single I'll be giving the bulk of that a go as I can't see it being difficult at all.

Only thing is, my power steering doesn't seem to be working properly now. I know he said he took all that off so I'll need to get a look at it in the daylight.

Would not bleeding the P/S properly make it harder to steer? It's not completely off but its about 2 times harder to turn than normal.

well its a 2 minute job to bleed the PS anyway.. Just turn it lock to lock several times. Is it noisy the pump?

Not a whisper off of it. I used to be able to hear it whining when close to full lock. Got nothing off of it, presumed that was down to him bleeding it?

I don't have lights in the garage yet so I won't be able to get a proper squint till tomorrow.

£25 hour is still very cheap

Surely thats objective though. I could charge £25 per hour to change a tyre and charge 2 hours labour? That is the main reason I asked for the time to do the job. I know £25 is relativly cheap, in fact its as good as it gets for professional help. The main point is how many hours labour I should be charged for the work done.

I could charge £3 per hour and take 10000 hrs for a single install. My hourly rate is cheap but my workrate is shite.