The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick hello :)

thebluefox

Hey chaps/chapettes,

My names Tom, and I've signed up because I'm very tempted by a supra, and wanted to find out a little more about them :)

I'm from Leicester, drive the thing below, 1.8 16v Clio mk1 (got to love the french reliability eh?)

Other random crap...I'm 22, I co-run a web development agency, I help run clio16valver.co.uk (the best and biggest Clio mk1 owners club ;)), and I try and keep fit.

So yeah, I'm guessing most of you skipped that shit, so my names Tom, and I'm looking at buying a Supra in '10 sometime :)

Hi!

I'd love a mkiv TT, but I'm not sure cash would stretch that far. I'm a relative noob when it comes to them though, so I'm not too up on the different variants there is.

I'm open so standard/modified etc though, the clio didn't stay standard very long, and the supra wouldn't either, lol.

Hello Tom, :welcome: TTC

I went to Leicester last week in my Supra... I am getting married there :D

Have a good look around, loads of fantastic members on here with loads of information.

Use the search button to find out more about the Supra & the classifieds have a great collection of members cars.

This should be quite a change of reliability for you then :p

Hi Tom. Welcome. This fellow http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=188564 is a Supra enthusiast in your area. Suprastar3000 (Ed) has two :) and is going through a major project right now. So when you decide on the car, run it past a few of these chaps first.

Have fun. :)

:hi: Like Andy said, we have Ash (Garage 786) and Keron (Extreme Performance) local to us.

Good luck :) and hope to see you around. :)

Its always nice to see another Supra in the Shire :cool:

Again, MASSIVE thanks for the warm welcome, made me feel at home :)

Been looking around at some and getting an idea of whats about and how much they cost, and I'm going to get saving as looking at the ones on here has made me insanely jealous of you all. I love my valver to bits and its incredibly fun to drive (if not unreliable), but Supe's are just a different league.

When I start looking at buying one I will definately run it past some experienced members first (and become a fully paid up member here too :))

Thanks again.

Good luck.

Bit of advice, dont dismiss automatic cars. They are surprising good and still have menu mode to play with. At todays prices, a TT Supra isn't a huge price hike up from the NA so if your into moding engine, best go with the TT.

This is truly a fantastic place to gather info and generally hang out thanks to its knowledgeable and friendly community :)

Cheers guys :) You do seem a helpful lot ;)

Abz - where abouts? Leicester gets some bad press sometimes, but I'm pretty fond of the place tbh!

My missus family is moving from Chesterfield to Leicester, I believe we are getting married here: http://www.athenacb.co.uk/

SupraStar - menu mode? Or should I search, lol.

I think Ed meant "manu" mode, in essence Manual Mode. He was maybe hungry & was thinking what is on the menu! :D

Well I have to admit I have been pretty addicted since I have join this forum. I am sure you will love it! Loads of information on this forum apart from cars & a lot of talented people on here!

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd say Hello again :)

Basically I disappeared for a while as I was working hard trying to make money, but I thought fuck it, so I've got myself a new job earning a decent wage.

Which means I'm not going to start looking at NA's I think, then eventually a TT.

I've even joined as a proper member :)