The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bodykits for 1999 - 2002 supras

Guest Pat010

Hi all,

I have my eye on a 1999 supra with jurgen.

I have a question though. Ive been checking bodykits for my supra but every single bodykit i find is for 1993 - 1998 supras.

These bodykits dont fit on a 1999 supra?

If thats true. Does anyone have a source for bodykits for the 1999-2002 model ?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

A lot of websites are US based where the Supra was only produced until 1998.

Edit to add - some kits might be slightly different around the rear spats and front bumper as the jspec late models have sidelights there. It all depends on the kit really.

I should have edited mine to add that whilst all kits will fit all models (with the slight exceptions of relocating lights etc) not all kits will "fit".

There are a lot of very poor kits out there that will take a lot of man hours on the part of the body shop to make them fit corectly.

Ridox kit is specific to the facelift model if that's any good to you Pat, there are holes for the front side repeaters and rear markers. Paul (Whiffbitz) sells a replica Ridox kit.

Doesn't stop it being retofitted though. ;) Modding any kit to fit either a facelift or a pre facelfit is a relatively simple job compared to the actual fitting of the kit :D

Bottom line, get whatever kit you want, all kits fit all years. though how well they fits depends on who the kit supplier is :D

they are not all the same as facelifts have the indicators to bumper and reflectors to rears..

bumpers and kit will still fit but what you need to do is possible make your own location for these.

otherwise they fit no problem

You only have to worry about two things, pre-facelift or facelift.

Your car being a 99 is facelift, there for you need to ensure that the kits are suitable for a facelift. This only really applies to the front and rear bumpers however.

Is there an echo in here?