The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need re-trim ideas

Rob_Mitchell

Always liked the black/orange idea.

Can't help with the interior myself, just standard leather seats in mine. If you wouldn't mind, can you tell me who is doing yours and roughly how much you're looking at for yours?

I'm just shopping around myself at the minute, not sure who to go to.

Cheers!

yeah alcantara centres would look cool but is it too much??? a company called stitched-up are doing it they do all my work.. im having front and rear seats and both door cards and its around the £1000.00

Too much as it OTT or too much as in cost?

i think it might look too much, the paint is loud enough. ooohh im not sure ha ha log off cj you stuck orange centres in my head now mate

Come top think of it, it would probably look shit. I dont know what I was thinking about :innocent:

Reminds me of the BM's that have the red nappa with black interior think it looks great :)

With regards to the re-trim idea, i would go with orange centres and then black on the bolsters etc or if you dont want to go too lary then maybe go with all black, with a orange stitching or piping and have the "Supra" logo embossed on in orange, unless you have Recaro's then keep the Recaro logo ;)

quite like the look of that... very nice, very different :cool: probly benefit from a black carpet

i disagree with the supra logo embossed on the seat... think its a bit to 'chav' but thats just my opinion!!

I think orange stitching against black leather would be the better option or maybe so suede instead??

nice, very nice

First time ive seen that, very nice mate:)

Reminds me of the BM's that have the red nappa with black interior think it looks great :)

quite like the look of that... very nice, very different :cool: probly benefit from a black carpet

Thanks guys!! I had it done in Livingston at Transcal, they manufacture the leather interiors for Aston martin, Jaguar etc. For the front, rear and arm rests it was £1280 so around the same as what you have been quoted mitchell.

m_life, the carpets have been dyed black now like in the third pic, the first two were taken just after the retrim. ;)

I like the plan of black leather with orange stitching too, if it was me thats the route i would take, considering how eye catching the exterior of your car is then a nice subtle and classy interior would look great.

In all honesty, I don't think I have EVER given them a 'proper' clean! Just the odd wipe-over once a year maybe with a bit of leather cleaner .. but nothing more than that.

I guess they aren't as 'clean' looking nowadays as they are in that picture, but that's to be expected after 4 years of use. I have had no issues with marks on them or anything like that (I wear jeans everyday!), and they still look great I think.

Maybe I should give them a good clean though and see what happens!

Cheers, J