The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This is one hellava job by Simon's

SupraRider

Hey guys,

After months and months of waiting, the wait is finally over and I must tell you it was definitely WORTH THE WAIT!!! I haven't had the opportunity to drive my car since late last year because of some mechanical problems and the car had been sitting with Hypertech Scotland at Bonnybridge till April/May this year, had the car back in its functional condition for 3 weeks or so and it went straight to Simon's at Irvine in June and only to collect the car last Monday 30th Nov so you can imagine the excitement I was feeling because it almost feels like I'm buying a whole new Supra all over again!

To add, I was on a tight budget so the constraint was to find a bodyshop that has superb workmanship that I could trust and could turn my car into something more presentable compared to its current state. Believe me, finding that bodyshop in Scotland is hard work! So thanks to George aka Geo for introducing Simon's to me.

Simon and his team have put in so much effort and detail to my car that I cannot thank him and his team enough and plus his upkeep of customer service was first class! Always keeping the customer informed with pictures of latest progress and updates, always giving you the time of day to answer your queries even if he has got a million things to do in his day!

The car arrived on the first day at his bodyshop and immediately noticed it was going to be hard going to get my car in shape. The paintwork on the car seemingly had been painted so many times over in silver and the chrome were peeling off the alloy wheels so badly that at one point it would've been better off getting new ones but unfortunately, there wasn't enough budget to do so.

So the brief of things to do was this:

A full body-repsray

A full JDL bodykit (with the many pieces of kit that comes with it)

- some parts of the kit to be blended into the body and customised only leaving the front bumper as an attachment.

De-chromed the alloys and get it repainted

De-badged on the front

Remove rear wiper and rear squisher

Remove aerial

Re-paint current brake calipers with Supra Logo

Re-paint internal dash

Paint door handles

Paint mesh grille when fitted

Front wipers to be replaced and painted

Registration plates to be replaced.

Forgive me people as this thread will be picture heavy but I know you will love it! (cos I do!) I dont' know how to paste a picture into a thread so I'll be loading them up as attachments instead. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Here goes:

This was the original state of my car. As you can see, the silver tone on the bodywork looks different and don't you just love that shopping trolley? LOL! you will also notice the state of my wheels.

IMG00005-20090530-2050.jpg

IMG00006-20090530-2050.jpg

IMG00007-20090530-2051.jpg

IMG00011-20091107-1540.jpg

can't believe the number of man hours Simon and his team took to prime my car to a good state ready for paint... I think he said that my bonnet alone requires sanding down almost 10 times! not sure what the previous owner did to my car!!

The dash was originally in silver and will be painted in a different colour to suit the whole bodykit. The wheels will be de-chromed and painted as well.

IMG00016-20091107-1542.jpg

IMG00007-20091107-1539.jpg

IMG00008-20091107-1539.jpg

IMG00009-20091107-1540.jpg

IMG00010-20091107-1540.jpg

IMG00012-20091107-1541.jpg

IMG00013-20091107-1541.jpg

IMG00017-20091107-1546.jpg

IMG00018-20091107-1547.jpg

Hey dude I know you have to see it in the flesh and I can't really upload pics more than 200KB which obviously doesn't show off the quality of the pics.. will try photobucket when I have the chance!!!

Dude, that looks $#@!................................HOT!

Will need higher res pics though to appreciate the quality a little more, although I know pics will never do it justice.

All that hassle, was swopping a damaged ECU for a new one, getting a new shock absorber, fitting clear glass headlights, full exhaust system, Speedo delimiter and conversion, glo dials, wishbone, air induction kit and all your usual MOT servicing.

What was getting done at Hypertech?