The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fancy a supra but not sure.....

Amar

alrite chaps! i dont actually own a supra at the minute, absolutley loved the cars though ever since i was a little lad and i sat in my cuzzins uk spec tt supra in red. stunning motor and loved the speed of the things (gave my brother an asthma attack lol), ever since then ive been hooked. but...ive never had the luck of owning 1 yet but that could change. since i passed my test all ove driven is vw's and audis, my last car i had was an audi 90 quattro 20v sport in tornado red but with a few tasty mods, audi s6 engine AAN engine code with custom inlet manifold, rs2 turbo,injectors, cams, custom intercooler, custom ecu, 4pot brakes, h n r/ koni suspension all pollybushed up etc running approx 400bhp. 0-60 - 4.4sec n had 165mph out of it bouncing off the limiter (6 gears wud see 180 easy) but thats where it ends,i had abit of an accident coming back from a vag show and it basically burst into flames n im pretty lucky to be alive but fuk it rite? im still here and im after sumthin rapid again so why not go for another 1 of my dream cars....but unfortunatly i cant afford a TT. i can, but im not allowed (ball n chain). so im after abit of help from u guys if u dont mind. ive seen 2 N/A supras, 1 on pistonheads. and the other on fleabay..just really looking for comments of what u lot reckon and if u know who owns these cars or anythin. The black 1 on pistonheads i really like but im just not sure wether ill hate them due to being non turbos. i dont want to be dissapointed if i get 1. know what i mean? much help wud be appreciated guys. :thumbs:

regards, Amar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk.ic-ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353511138

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1376881.htm

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NA Supes are not rapid at all. I'd save up and get a TT or Single if you want performance.....;)

H.

:iagree:

The Black NA looks nice, the eGay link does not work.

If your serious about Supra ownership then sign up as member, have a look through the site & get tooled up with loads of information before you go to view one. I believe we got a few NA's for sale on here. Normally members cars are more looked after. This would be a good place to start looking for your Supe.

Though if you are planning on ragging it around anywhere other than a track then I would not recommend a Supra. You will only endanger yourself & others on the road. :)

the one on pistonheads is a lot better car...

although if your gona pay that much for a na, you might as well pay a little extra and get a tt... try this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-supra-twin-turbo_W0QQitemZ270485749848QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3efa350058

or there are some on here for sale too. like this one maybe...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203450

...i had abit of an accident coming back from a vag show and it basically burst into flames...

Crikey! :blink::D

Welcome to the club Amar - it is packed with all the information you'll need to make the right choice for you.

One thing we ask all noobs is to not use text speak etc :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

the one on pistonheads is a lot better car...

although if your gona pay that much for a na, you might as well pay a little extra and get a tt... try this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-supra-twin-turbo_W0QQitemZ270485749848QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3efa350058

or there are some on here for sale too. like this one maybe...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203450

Ebay link smells fishy though...TT for 4.9k :blink:

And welcome to the club mate. Have a look at the classifieds section and see if there's anything you fancy ;)

N/As are not all that bad but it really depends on what you expect from the car.

alrite chaps! i dont actually own a supra at the minute, absolutley loved the cars though ever since i was a little lad and i sat in my cuzzins uk spec tt supra in red. stunning motor and loved the speed of the things (gave my brother an asthma attack lol), ever since then ive been hooked. but...ive never had the luck of owning 1 yet but that could change. since i passed my test all ove driven is vw's and audis, my last car i had was an audi 90 quattro 20v sport in tornado red but with a few tasty mods, audi s6 engine AAN engine code with custom inlet manifold, rs2 turbo,injectors, cams, custom intercooler, custom ecu, 4pot brakes, h n r/ koni suspension all pollybushed up etc running approx 400bhp. 0-60 - 4.4sec n had 165mph out of it bouncing off the limiter (6 gears wud see 180 easy) but thats where it ends,i had abit of an accident coming back from a vag show and it basically burst into flames n im pretty lucky to be alive but fuk it rite? im still here and im after sumthin rapid again so why not go for another 1 of my dream cars....but unfortunatly i cant afford a TT. i can, but im not allowed (ball n chain). so im after abit of help from u guys if u dont mind. ive seen 2 N/A supras, 1 on pistonheads. and the other on fleabay..just really looking for comments of what u lot reckon and if u know who owns these cars or anythin. The black 1 on pistonheads i really like but im just not sure wether ill hate them due to being non turbos. i dont want to be dissapointed if i get 1. know what i mean? much help wud be appreciated guys. :thumbs:

regards, Amar

Your 165 was on a track or private road right?

Ebay link smells fishy though...TT for 4.9k :blink:

Only fishy I suppose if you have viewed and its a cack, many an Auto TT going for 5-6k.

Hi Amar and welcome. Your in the same boat as me really, I have been looking for a Supra for the last couple of months. I am no longer looking for an n/a as it would not give me the thrill as my Cosworth did. Many a seasoned member here has told me that. Im now just looking for a TT and Im off to view one on Saturday.

The Black n/a at Platinum Autos on PH caught my eye too. I look on there daily but get looking in the classifieds on here. Many a well looked after members machine for sale. Heres two for starters

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=202144

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=202542

I have no idea what a vag show is,.... but it certainly sounds interesting.

Hi, and welcome to the club.

I think thats the Volkswagen/Audi -Group show me thinks

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

Hi, Welcome to the club.

Please note that "txt spk" is banned. And a sentence starts with a capital letter. Take the time to put some effort in your posts if you want people to put the effort in to read them.

Some of the words you were looking for are;

"cousin's"

"you"

"Alright"

"and"

"I'm"

"right"

"whether"

etc etc

Paragraphs help too...whilst you may feel this is slightly off to have a go the moment you register we prefer to let people know early on.

(PS it's not optional ;) )

Cheers

alrite chaps! i dont actually own a supra at the minute, absolutley loved the cars though ever since i was a little lad and i sat in my cuzzins uk spec tt supra in red. stunning motor and loved the speed of the things (gave my brother an asthma attack lol), ever since then ive been hooked. but...ive never had the luck of owning 1 yet but that could change. since i passed my test all ove driven is vw's and audis, my last car i had was an audi 90 quattro 20v sport in tornado red but with a few tasty mods, audi s6 engine AAN engine code with custom inlet manifold, rs2 turbo,injectors, cams, custom intercooler, custom ecu, 4pot brakes, h n r/ koni suspension all pollybushed up etc running approx 400bhp. 0-60 - 4.4sec n had 165mph out of it bouncing off the limiter (6 gears wud see 180 easy) but thats where it ends,i had abit of

an accident coming back from a vag show and it basically burst into flames n im pretty lucky to be alive but fuk it rite? im still here and im after sumthin rapid again so why not go for another 1 of my dream cars....but unfortunatly i cant afford a TT. i can, but im not allowed (ball n chain). so im after abit of help from u guys if u dont mind. ive seen 2 N/A supras, 1 on pistonheads. and the other on fleabay..just really looking for comments of what u lot reckon and if u know who owns these cars or anythin. The black 1 on pistonheads i really like but im just not sure wether ill hate them due to being non turbos. i dont want to be dissapointed if i get 1. know what i mean? much help wud be appreciated guys. :thumbs:

regards, Amar

If you want 400 hp again you'll need a tt with a few mods, an na will never get to those giddy heights so cross them off your list.

Beware these cars are getting old now and for every nice one out there i bet theres several you really wouldnt want to buy.

The older earlier cars have lots of issues which will seriously cost you if these havent been replaced yet or fixed.

Brake and fuel lines

Valve stem seals

All the rubber hoses

Water Radiator

Air con Radiator

Heater Matrix

Brake caliper seals

Etc etc

Dont buy the car by what it looks like on the outside is my best advice

This Thread is Useless without Paragraphs
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

had 165mph out of it bouncing off the limiter (6 gears wud see 180 easy) but thats where it ends,i had abit of an accident coming back from a vag show and it basically burst into flames n im pretty lucky to be alive but fuk it rite? im still here and im after sumthin rapid again

Sounds like you drive like a vag. It'll be a bpu TT you'll be wanting and I'll give you 2 months before you total it if that's your attitude.

Welcome to the club.

Hey, if you're a crazy driver (which your post suggests) I wouldn't recommend a supe, because you will get KIA!

But if you're going to drive it sensibly(ish) on roads and hammer it on track then definitely go for a TT, you can get an auto TT for around the 5kish mark. TT 6 speed will be around 8-10k depending on condition etc etc.

You should take a look around the classifieds on here, some really nice cars on there and speak to some of the traders here, they tend to get some nice cars in

Welcome......Listen to the guys here they are an excellent source of information.....If you do purchase a supra in the next couple of months just take it easy, as this time of year is not a good idea to rag a supra due to damp weather conditions. Spirited drive from time to time if the road conditions permit obviously is acceptable :)

regards, Amar

Jesus.

Hi Amar.

Welcome to da club the N/A are quick its just the Turbo boys and girls look down on us N/A drivers lol !!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously what ever you deside you will enjoy :yes:

I bought my Supra from the PistonHeads guy in your link very nice blokes are great service, They sell alot of Supra's just email them see what they have.

The Turbos have the advantage when it comes to speed and engine mods but less goes wrong on the N/A :p

But whatever you want happy days you wont be dissapointed !!!!:thumbs::thumbs: